OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 90M+ Downloads
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
Are you customer focused, driven by a great user experience, and want to work at one of Seattle’s most successful startups? OfferUp is looking for a Marketing Manager who is passionate about local commerce and connecting people through shared value and positive experiences.
In this role, you’ll help to raise awareness of and engagement with OfferUp as the simplest and most trusted mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., while nurturing engagement around our app, marketing and communications initiatives, and company news.
We’re looking for someone who is an expert at creating and executing marketing via our owned channels (in app messaging, email). We're looking for someone who is customer obsessed and understands the art of engaging a wide user base and can also build a social media plan that shapes consumer perception of OfferUp as a mobile marketplace.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Own merchandising strategies that will focus on customer segmentation, testing, analyzing and reporting results.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute merchandising campaigns via email, in-app tools, and social to drive traffic to our app and campaigns
- Collaborate with our communications, marketing, and graphic design teams to establish creative ways to use social media to favorably increase OfferUp’s reputation with our key audiences
- Develop social media analytics to appropriately and accurately measure the success of OfferUp’s social reach, noting how they align with core business strategies
- Engage in digital storytelling to tell the stories of our users, employees, and industry
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- You are a mobile-first marketer with experience building cross-channel engagement marketing campaigns
- You can quickly master a marketing automation tool and apply elegant campaign logic to reach consumers with the right content, in the right channel, at the right time
- A strong communicator: You have exceptional written and verbal skills and can craft and articulate messages with a clear vision, while exercising creativity and style
- Biased towards action: You’re organized, dependable and detail oriented with the ability to work independently and create your own deadlines
- Service minded: You’re a people person who thrives off making customers happy
- Data obsessed: You’re process and metrics driven with solid data skills and the ability to partner with analytics teams to apply data in relevant, meaningful ways
- A team player: You’re a creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration with internal teams and external vendors as needed
- A creative problem-solver: You have an uncanny ability to think outside-the-box, using the resources at hand to effortlessly get to the bottom of an issue
- Flexible and fun: You’re comfortable in a fast paced environment and have a sense of humor and can-do attitude that can infectiously and positively add to OfferUp’s culture
- A student of the industry: You’re career-driven and hungry to learn, and want to educate your team on the latest social media practices and trends
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of digital marketing management
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills - ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- High attention to detail and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
Nice to Have:
- Social media and community management experience, preferably with consumer brands and/or ecommerce
- Understanding of social media channels and ways to leverage paid, earned, and owned media.
- Experience with growing an organic audience.
- Working knowledge of a variety of social media tools, community platforms, and measurement platforms, such as Sprout Social and Lithium