From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 90M+ Downloads
- Top 5 Shopping app in App Store and Google Play Store for three years
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami, and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
Due to the current pandemic, OfferUp offices are closed in Bellevue, Wa, and Miami, FL, and employees are working remotely until June 30, 2021. Once OfferUp deems it safe to open the offices, employees will have an option to continue to work remotely or in-office. All employees must reside in Washington, Florida, North Carolina, Nevada, Texas, Tennessee, whether working remotely full time or in an OfferUp Office location.
About The Role
OfferUp is seeking a Senior Principal Product Manager to help lead a new initiative to enable professional online sellers to prosper on OfferUp. This role will work closely with the engineering team at our new development center in Miami and the product, design, and engineering teams in our Bellevue headquarters.
The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator who serves as a business partner to OfferUp leadership. You are a smart, data-driven decision maker who takes professional pride in operational excellence while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable -- having been successful in meeting the demands of a big company and being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for product development and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in our Miami Development Center reporting to the V.P of Product.
This position will be responsible for:
- Deeply understanding the customer, market, and OfferUp’s value proposition.
- Components, tools, and service of the merchant experience including applications, portals, and APIs
- Driving new experiences to onboard, monetize and retain new merchants programmatically and via user interfaces
- Articulating and simplifying requirements to support a variety of merchants, businesses, and use-cases.
- Developing a detailed product roadmap for the short and long-term.
- Working hand-in-hand with the Engineering organization (in two locations) for project delivery, issue prioritization, and ongoing execution.
- Learning and modifying the product based on quantitative and qualitative results.
- Coordinating and executing plans across multiple disciplines including Product, Design, Research, Engineering, Business Operations, Finance, Business Development, Sales, Trust and Safety, Customer Support.
- Acting as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- You have a minimum of seven years of Product Management or equivalent experience building and delivering B2C or B2B products within a high-performance tech company.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences at all levels of the organization.
- You are detail-oriented, have sound judgment, and can break down complex problems and find simple, elegant solutions.
- You manage using data, establishing clear metrics, and reporting for the Products that you lead.
- You are fluent in and able to coach and teach others in best practices for Product Development.
- You have a combination of experience working with large companies that have established the best of class Product and Engineering practices and operating effectively at an early stage technology company.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken. Fluency in English is required, and fluency in Spanish is a plus.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally. Come do work that matters. Join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.