OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
OfferUp is seeking an experienced Principal Product Manager to direct our product efforts for the Automotive Vertical.
We at OfferUp have built a thriving commerce platform for private and professional auto sellers alike, enabling millions of buyers and sellers to list, browse cars, chat, meet up and conclude a vehicle sale. Our auto sales program has more than 2,000 paying dealers, a fivefold increase from 12 months ago. It’s estimated that nearly 10 percent of used car sales in the U.S. last year took place on OfferUp's marketplace, resulting in billions of dollars in auto sales. This vast C2C and B2C marketplace is a top business opportunity for OfferUp and a place where your product leadership will drive significant step-wise changes in our growth trajectory.
The Autos Product Team is responsible for all aspects of this business, which encompasses both buyer and dealer experience including pricing and P&L. In addition to working closely with engineering, design, and other product teams in our Bellevue headquarters, you will also work with Sales, Business Development and Marketing to recruit and retain the right dealers.
We are looking for an excellent thinker and executor who is curious to reinvent a ripe-for-disruption industry and who can rapidly scale up his/her scope and skills to meet the pace of our growth. Intellectual curiosity, ability to roll up one’s sleeves, and emotional intelligence are essential for this role. In addition, you need to have a passion for product development, and be driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of our Bellevue headquarters location reporting directly to the Autos Head of Product, with regular exposure to the company’s executive team.
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Develop product end-to-end UX feature requirements through collaboration with designers, engineers, sales, support, marketing, and business leadership
- Develop a detailed product roadmap and execution schedule for both buyer and dealer delight, as well as monetization
- Iterate toward crafting the most useful and seamless autos buying experience on the planet
- Build useful features, tools, experiences for sellers like automotive dealers, with an eye for extensibility into other verticals
- Work hand-in-hand with the Inside Sales and Engineering organizations for project delivery, issue prioritization, and ongoing execution
- Partner with Product, Design, Research, Engineering, Business Operations, Finance, Business Development, Sales, Trust and Safety, Customer Support
- Be the voice of the customer by leading user research with OfferUp buyers and sellers, adapting and modifying the product and business requirements based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
You’ll thrive in this role if you are:
- Driven self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple, competing priorities to create positive outcomes
- Possess an ability to quickly adapt to change and motivational skills to help the team through the change
- A big picture thinker and can handle ambiguous, unstructured situations with the ambition to roll up your sleeves and dive deep to figure it out
- Pragmatic when approaching problem solving by balancing business, experience, and technical requirements
- A detail-oriented leader with sound judgement and ability to break down complex problems and find simple, elegant solutions
- Excellent with written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences across all levels of the organization
What you’ve done:
- 7+ years hands-on product management or equivalent experience building and delivering B2C or B2B products within a high-performance tech company
- Track record of customer obsession, deep diving and delivering results by finding solutions based on qualitative and quantitative evidence channeled from real customers
- Bachelor's degree
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience in the Auto industry is preferred
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.