OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
About the role:
Customer obsessed, driven by a great user experience, and want to work at one of the Seattle area’s most successful startups? OfferUp is looking for a Knowledge Base Specialist who is passionate about delivering excellent content to our Customer Support (CS) teams.
In this role, you’ll partner with stakeholders to understand new app features, new workstreams, and tool and process changes, then deliver and maintain accurate, relevant, user-friendly knowledge base (KB) content for our CS teams.
We're looking for someone who will advocate for solutions that will make the CS and OfferUp community successful. You should be a skilled, intellectually curious, deadline-driven writer, editor, and project manager who is thorough, analytical, and undaunted by fast-paced change.
**As part of the hiring process, candidates will be asked to demonstrate proficiency in technical/instructional writing by providing 2-3 relevant writing samples and completing a timed writing test**
Here’s more of what you will get to do:
- Partner closely with CS Operations and other business teams, to simplify complex processes into elegant, end-user focused solutions
- Work with business teams to anticipate operations team needs, then develop content that drives engagement and decreases ticket handling time
- Manage communication between the business and operations to deliver policy and process changes clearly, concisely, and on time
- Partner with QA and Training teams to ensure alignment
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and functional teams
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- 2+ years of relevant content management experience
- Sound editorial judgement and are a strong communicator
- Demonstrated skills and success in process improvement design and workflow analysis
- Proven proficiency in technical/instructional writing
- Ability to synthesize complex processes into simple and engaging language
- Refined attention to detail, impressive organizational skills, and an eye for consistency
- A bias towards action: You’re organized, dependable and detail oriented with the ability to work independently and create your own deadlines
- Comfort working in a fast paced environment, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and the ability to successfully navigate shifting priorities and parameters
- Ability to think critically, and a high level of business acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical/instructional writing
Helpful, but not required:
- Experience with content management systems, Confluence, and Jira
- Experience with information architecture, user experience, or user research
- Proficiency in data analysis and data-based decision making
- Experience supporting CS / operations teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or English, or related experience
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.