From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
About The Role
OfferUp is seeking a seasoned Head of Product Management/General Manager to be the leader for the Autos Business at OfferUp. As the Head of Product, Autos, you are responsible for all aspects of this business including the buyer and dealer experience with programs such as pay-to-post, and the verified dealer subscription offering. In this role you will work with Sales, Business Development and Marketing to recruit the right dealers to the program, manage our fees and pricing, establish acquisition and revenue goals and manage the P&L. You will be tasked with defining the right product direction and building a high performing team. This role will work closely with the other product, design and engineering teams in our Bellevue headquarters.
The ideal candidate is a strategic collaborator who serves as a business partner to OfferUp leadership. You are a smart, data-driven decision maker, who excels at hiring and developing a high performing team, and takes professional pride in operational excellence while meeting and exceeding stretch goals. You are highly adaptable -- having been successful in meeting the demands of a big company as well as being scrappy and hands-on in a start-up. In addition, you have a passion for product development, and are driven to grow and scale OfferUp forward through the inevitable ups and downs of an earlier stage tech company.
This is a full-time, exempt position based out of our Bellevue headquarters location reporting to the COO (Chief Operating Officer).
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the Autos P&L and the key drivers including the fees/pricing, dealers added to the program
- Articulating and simplify requirements to support the autos buyer experience and dealer experience.
- Developing a detailed product roadmap for the short and long-term.
- Working hand-in-hand with the Inside Sales and Engineering organizations for project delivery, issue prioritization, and ongoing execution.
- Adapting and modifying the product and business requirements based on quantitative and qualitative results.
- Coordinating and executing plans across multiple disciplines including Product, Design, Research, Engineering, Business Operations, Finance, Business Development, Sales, Trust and Safety, Customer Support.
- Acting as a champion for OfferUp’s mission, vision, and values and partner across the company to drive a high-performance work environment.
- You have a minimum of seven years of Product Management and P&L Management experience building and delivering B2C or B2B products within a high-performance tech company serving millions of customers.
- You have a proven track record of setting a vision and strategy for a Product, and a P&L, and driving solutions and practices that are both innovative and scrappy.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to communicate effectively with non-technical and technical audiences, and all levels of the organization.
- You are detail oriented, have sound judgement, and are able to break down complex problems and find simple, elegant solutions
- You manage using data, establishing clear metrics and reporting for the Products that you lead.
- You are fluent in and able to coach and teach others in best practices for operating a business including operating planning and P&L management
- You are a strong leader of people who has a track record for identifying, attracting, developing and retaining a talented diverse team of Product professionals.
- You are a leader who inspires ideas, encourages test & learn, and takes well thought out risks.
- You have a combination of experience working with large companies that have established best of class Product and Engineering practices as well as operating effectively at an early stage technology company.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.