From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
OfferUp's Platform and Infrastructure team is looking for experienced and Senior Software Engineers. You will be a member of the teams that are responsible for handling the performance and scalability of the OfferUp platform, and help build tools and processes that increase engineering productivity. You will design and code systems in a very deliberate and thoughtful manner, as slight changes can impact everything in a major way. You take a performance minded approach to everything you do, and will help OfferUp continue to scale to many more millions of users.
- Build tools and services for other engineers to increase velocity/productivity
- Build and maintain high-performance, scalable systems
- Improve the reliability and efficiency of Offerup's core services
- Develop elegant solutions to complex problems
- Code using Java or Python
- Extensive experience with web infrastructure, distributed systems, performance analysis, and traffic manipulation
- 4+ years professional software development experience
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience in docker tool-chains
- Strong background with algorithms and data structures
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science (or related discipline)
Nice to have:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience designing fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, Memcached, Postgres or Django
- Contributions to the open-source community
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.