From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and help more people discover value right where they are.
At a Glance
- 85+ Million Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15%+ of adults in several markets use OfferUp every month (LA, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Las Vegas, Riverside, Orlando)
The Business Operations team (BizOps) partners with OfferUp’s executive team and cross-functional leaders to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies accelerating growth opportunities for OfferUp.
We are currently seeking an experienced analyst to join the BizOps team who will support data-driven decision making and influence product strategy across the company.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and dive deep into key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Deliver strategic projects for leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Communicate key data and findings to audiences of all levels
- Partner with the product teams to define success criteria of new product features and measure feature performance against those criteria
- Measure and analyze experiments
- Create dashboards to support self-service insights for new business initiatives and features
What You’ll Need
- Insane business curiosity. Skilled at breaking down complex business or product questions from all possible angles to garner key insights. You enjoy using data to answer challenging questions that inform key business decisions.
- Analytic Skills. Strong familiarity with leveraging data to address challenging business questions. Ability to think comprehensively with high attention to detail. Preferred if you have experience with cohort analysis, data visualization tools, excel, and sql.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects with shifting priorities. You are scrappy and resourceful; you know how to do more with less.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can synthesize complex analytic results, present key findings in compelling visual formats and communicate them effectively to a broad audience.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience in a strategy related role with an emphasis on quantitative skills
- Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy, or an operational or growth role within a technology company.
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally...Come do work that matters. join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.