From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
AT A GLANCE
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 80+ Million Downloads
The Business Operations team (BizOps) partners with OfferUp’s executive team and cross-functional leaders to drive key strategic initiatives, address critical business challenges, and develop and execute strategies accelerating growth opportunities for OfferUp.
We are currently seeking an experienced analyst to join the BizOps team who will support data-driven decision making and influence product strategy across the company.
What You’ll Do
- Conduct in-depth analysis of our various businesses and dive deep into key value drivers to identify improvement areas and opportunities
- Deliver strategic projects for leadership that provide key business insights for high-priority initiatives
- Communicate key data and findings to audiences of all levels
- Partner with the product teams to define success criteria of new product features and measure feature performance against those criteria
- Measure and analyze experiments
- Create dashboards to support self-service insights for new business initiatives and features
What You’ll Need
- Insane business curiosity. Skilled at breaking down complex business or product questions from all possible angles to garner key insights. You enjoy using data to answer challenging questions that inform key business decisions.
- Analytic Skills. Strong familiarity with leveraging data to address challenging business questions. Ability to think comprehensively with high attention to detail. Preferred if you have experience with cohort analysis, data visualization tools, excel, and sql.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multitask and juggle multiple projects with shifting priorities. You are scrappy and resourceful; you know how to do more with less.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can synthesize complex analytic results, present key findings in compelling visual formats and communicate them effectively to a broad audience.
- BA/BS degree in Economics, Business, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field strongly preferred.
- 2 - 4 years of work experience in a strategy related role with an emphasis on quantitative skills
- Background in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, strategy, or an operational or growth role within a technology company.
Come do work that matters. Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.