OfferUp’s mission is to build the largest, simplest and most trustworthy local marketplace. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is looking for an experienced data analyst to join our Autos Platform Team. You have a passion for manipulating and using new and existing data sources to help drive actionable recommendations. Your role as a Data Analyst will be to drive business decisions through data analysis while building, standardizing, and improving upon reporting and data tools.
- Identify business opportunities and develop analytical frameworks to drive results across the Autos Platform
- Create and own automated dashboards/reporting to support a measure of self-service insights for internal teams
- Monitor Autos marketplace and sales health metrics and communicate key findings to leadership
- Act as an analytics advisor to solve business problems using data
- Report on business performance to stakeholders including the C-Suite executives
- Partner closely with the product and sales teams to provide insights
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field
- 3+ years of data science, business intelligence, consulting, or a related field
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages such as Python/Ruby or R including the ability to accurately manipulate and move data to and from a variety of sources across multiple platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Hands-on experience in data analytics to solve real business problems
- Strong analysis and problem-solving background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills with experience using PPT
- Passion for creating scalable, repeatable analytics. Looks for scalable solutions and is aware of the impact on others; a passion for working with large data sets is a must
- As comfortable working with the C-Suite as you are with frontline leaders and their teams
- Self-starter who hits the ground running and thrives on getting things done
- Impeccable integrity
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in e-commerce and mobile marketplaces
- Experience with other programming languages such as Python/Ruby or R
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Looker
- Experience working for a high-growth tech startup
Come do work that matters.
Join a team that believes when we all work together, we get more out of things.
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.