From the very beginning, OfferUp has believed that the right people united by the right mission can redefine the possible.
OfferUp is now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the US. We connect millions of people every day, but we’re still as committed as ever to the founding mission: to build the simplest, most trustworthy local marketplace. We help bring people together in their communities to exchange value, and we think that exchange is the foundation for a kind of commerce that redefines what “value” really means. In our world, the things we buy and sell are just the primer for the really important stuff, like meeting our neighbors, getting more connected to the places we live and the things that live with us, and creating a marketplace where everyone has something to offer.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
OfferUp is rapidly growing our Payments Support team in Bellevue, WA and is looking to bring on a seasoned payments specialist with experience in customer support, escalations, financial account management and payments processing.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an evolving Payments team. Your contributions and previous experience will help us maintain a safe, healthy community and create a trusted and neighborly customer experience.
- Handle the designated inboxes through inbound and outbound tickets/emails, utilizing Zendesk to respond to customers
- Conduct and perform a variety of investigation types to identify and resolve complex payment account issues, managing sensitive and confidential account information
- Work proactively and independently to meet targets and goals; follow workflows with a sense of urgency and importance of assigned tasks
- Use independent and autonomous thinking and decision making to resolve high value, brand-defining escalations that may require resolutions outside of established policies and loss goals
- Prepare timely, detailed, accurate and factual data reports on tickets and inquiries that are high-touch escalations to the Executive Team, Founders, board members and outside influencers
- Share from on the job experiences issues that may affect Community, Marketing and Social Teams, collaborate with stakeholders to create and refine policies and procedures
- Provide empathetic, friendly and knowledgeable support to the OfferUp community
- Proactively provide feedback on gaps in current controls and processes along with appropriate mitigation solutions.
- Collaborate, and develop cross-functional partnerships with internal teams.
- 2 - 3 years in a customer facing role managing relationships, providing help, solutions and guidance
- At least 6 months experience in payments, banking, chargebacks, e-commerce payment systems or other transactional product account services
- Technology savvy, demonstrated ability to learn new software and systems quickly
- Experience working with launching new products and features in the App or tech space
- Excellent communication, verbal, and writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyze data, find patterns, and make accurate decisions with little guidance
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing environment and take personal ownership of projects and tasks
- Ability to work one weekend day (remotely), holidays and extended shifts, as needed
- Ability to make decisions in a timely manner with incomplete or ambiguous information
- Ability to effectively manage time, and individually prioritize multiple tasks of competing priority
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and data security standards
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent job experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, e-commerce, or online marketplace
- Familiarity with Mac products, Zendesk, databases, and internal tools
- Instinctive curiosity and desire to dig deeper into details
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally…Come join the team and take the ride of your life!
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.