Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko family is diverse, passionate, and innovative. With 200+ employees across 9 different departments and 7 groups, we bring people from all over the world together to develop technology and work towards a shared mission. We believe that small businesses need our support now more than ever, and that the coffee industry is where connections happen. Logistics is at the center of this! Interested? Learn more below.
We are advertising for a position within our Routing Team. You will work within the team to help build the tools that are responsible for the generation of delivery routes across our warehouses. You will liaise with our data scientists to build, maintain, test and enhance the algorithms that generate the most efficient routes for our drivers. You will also help define the interfaces that expose our services to other teams.
The team develops primarily in Python, so a solid knowledge of the language and main libraries is mandatory. Experience bringing algorithms and machine learning techniques into production is desirable, particularly within a Kubernetes environment.
Our Tech Stack
We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies:
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- GraphQL Federation to enable API composition
- React for our frontend web applications
- Kubernetes and Docker to run our applications
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Postgres for storage
- Concourse/ArgoCD for our CI/CD
- Terraform to enable infrastructure as code
How you’ll make an impact:
- Design and contribute to the development of the routing service.
- Build and extend existing test suites; also, stress testing.
- Work with the team to identify, capture, prioritize, plan and action work.
- Exercise sound engineering judgment, propose alternative options and adapt plans when unforeseen circumstances arise.
- Utilize tools and working practices to achieve quality and confidence in your work.
- Be part of a cross functional team delivering solutions that make an impact to the organization.
- 3+ years software engineering experience as a full stack engineer, ideally in a microservices landscape.
- Computer science background or related field with a focus in algorithm development, experience with optimization algorithms is desirable.
- Experience developing with Python is mandatory with desirable experience using Celery, SQLAlchemy and BDD (Behave).
- You can manage conflicting priorities.
- Quality is one of your core values.
- Experience using Kafka, GraphQL and React is desirable.
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.