The Office Coordinator is primarily responsible for the smooth operation overall of the OBE Los Angeles office’s administrative functions, including such areas as reception, correspondence, purchasing, and facilities. The Office Coordinator is also responsible for providing administrative support to the LA office staff, the Human Resources Department, other offices, as assigned, and in coordinating certain office services and related activities company-wide.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Manage the reception areas to ensure the proper and effective greeting of all visitors (clients, vendors, interviewees, etc.)
- Maintain kitchen in proper order, including keeping adequate stock of food and refreshments.
- Provide catering or procure refreshments as requested for special occasions and office events.
- Negotiate and execute the purchase of office supplies, furniture, and office equipment to obtain the best deals possible without sacrificing quality and within approval limits
- Ensure office appearance is well maintained and orderly.
- Initiate corrective actions as needed to ensure smooth office operations and a safe working environment.
- Keep a master control schedule of office projects current and provide a weekly update/status report to management.
- Support in managing office build-out and vendor/contractor relationships
- Maintain office access control assignments (alarm codes, key/FOB entry issuance and log)
- Assist in planning and hosting office, department and company events (in-person/virtual).
- Coordinate employee rewards and recognition.
- Provide administrative support to OBE staff as needed, such as for expense reports, client requests, etc.
- Meet or exceed deadlines on special projects, as assigned.
- Obtain management approvals as required by company policy or procedure.
- Contribute to team effort by providing prompt and accurate support to others.
- Keep management informed of any problems, issues, or opportunities within the Office Coordinator’s purview.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates or Bachelor degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in office administration/operations
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong working knowledge of office operations
- Strong skills in office administration, planning and effective organization, and meeting deadlines
- Working knowledge of mail processes, such as UPS, FEDEX, USPS
- Ability to operate in a proactive manner, initiating logical and well thought-out improvements to office operations.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong Computer skills: Microsoft Office, (including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook),
- Working knowledge of databases and excel spreadsheets; project management software a plus
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to execute in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and take the lead on assigned projects
- Ability to work under pressure with strong time management skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in all work
- Ability to lift approximately 25 pounds.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Maintains confidentiality in performing certain duties, and is respectful, flexible, and demonstrates sound work ethics.
- Customer service oriented approach to duties
- High energy and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).