SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are an exciting and innovative leading experiential agency with offices in Sausalito, Los Angeles and New York City. Due to our growth we are looking for a strong candidate to join our top-notch Operations team. This position will primarily support the Los Angeles office and assist in support of our other two offices, plus occasionally support some projects and events in the field.
As our Help Desk / IT Support Specialist you will help ensure our OBE offices and staff have the necessary tools and resources to run our business. You will help them operate OBE’s systems and services and employ the correct procedures to protect and secure OBE’s data and that of our clients.
We are 95% Mac users with a handful of Windows/PC users.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
HELP DESK/IN HOUSE TECHNICAL SUPPORT: (50%)
- Provide in house technical support to all employees, including temporary employees, in the office and in the field
- Become the subject matter expert (sme) in the obe service desk ticketing system (servicenow)
- Prepare new employee computer configurations and onboard new hires with an introduction to company systems
IT DEPARTMENT GENERAL: (20%)
- Maintain and update department operations manual
- Assist in overall management of the company’s information technology infrastructure
- Manage user accounts for all OBE systems, cloud-based applications and subscriptions
- Provide input for the IT Department budget
- Help research and implement new systems to support OBE’s business processes
- Complete purchases of equipment and software
HARDWARE/SOFTWARE SYSTEMS: (20%)
- Assist IT Manager in preparing needs assessment for IT software and network solutions based on current and future company needs
- Maintain computer, Internet and office machines to ensure they are installed and properly working
- Assist in maintaining ongoing inventory of IT assets for office
VENDOR MANAGEMENT: (5%)
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships to support business needs
- Respond to security notifications and requests
PROJECT-SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support field service engineers for hardware acquisition and installation needs on assigned projects
- Other project assignments as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in information technology, primarily Help Desk/Tech Support.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking.
- Experience working in an agency environment preferred, preferably in advertising or marketing. Event marketing a plus.
- Experience managing vendor relationships, including reading and understanding Master Service Agreements, assisting in negotiating agreement terms, and selecting appropriate vendors or services.
- Experience in the assessment, direction, management and implementation of software and system solutions.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment – a must!
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of security principles, procedures, policies and best practices.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills and comfortable speaking in front of small to medium sized groups.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel within an organization.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced creative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Experience using an IT Support Helpdesk ticket system, such as Service Now or Zendesk.
- Strong knowledge of office system and software configurations, best practices, including Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of encryption both at the file and machine level
- Ability to maintain general software inventory ensuring legality and tracking.
- Knowledge of Active Directory configuration and replication.
- Strong documentation skills, including Visio/diagramming software.
- Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking and basic troubleshooting tools.
- Malware/Antivirus Software and troubleshooting
- Client Backup systems
- Familiarity with full disc encryption
- Power User in macOS
- Power User in Microsoft Office
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Must love supporting non-techy people
- Flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Willingness to travel to other offices periodically following CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
- The job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills, and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.