SUMMARY OF POSITION
Reporting to the Senior Technical Project Manager, the Associate Technical Project Manager/Analyst is a key member of the Production and Technology teams, supporting the analysis, evaluation, project planning, implementation, and integration of complex technical projects and systems. We are seeking a logically, analytically, and technologically focused superstar who has a solid understanding of the relationship between technology and software development, project planning, analysis, and brand and business strategy - coupled with demonstrable experience in supporting the creation of impactful end-user experiences.
As the Associate Technical Project Manager/Analyst, you may find yourself collaborating with national and international QA teams, product teams, and subject matter experts, interacting with key technology clients and suppliers, supporting on UAT efforts for websites, new software functionality or launches, capturing user stories and requirements, or supporting other non-technical project management efforts. You should be unafraid to take risks and assert your own ideas while working comfortably with the rest of your team, other departments, and personnel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Coordinate between various technical suppliers, personnel, and subject matter experts during all project phases, from initial conception through implementation.
- Support on the management of technical project scope, budget, timeline, and key performance indicators as needed.
- Assist in providing data analytics including but not limited to technical performance evaluation, platform usage metrics, technical report development and processing, and any metrics associated to the project (KPIs) Key Performance Indicators.
- Function as a member of an Agile team.
- Create user stories per series requirements and market specific necessities and support in transposing them to requirements with technical team.
- Assist in backlog management prioritizing key platform functionality based on registration schedule(s)
- Participate in requirement management, grooming and translating requirements to design.
- Assist in creating/updating procedure documentation.
- Oversee the technical intake form requests across all technical platforms.
- Create/update of testing script for (UAT) user acceptance test, family and friends testing, and regression testing.
- Execute and track quality assurance of the front and back end website.
- Assist with tracking deliverable deadlines and all follow-up.
- Assist with scheduling and meeting preparation.
- Define and meet key deliverables for assignments and provide updates to management.
- Complete high-quality assignments in a timely fashion.
- Support external relationships (i.e. agencies and partners) with platform and technology expectation.
- Assist with tracking and ensure the most efficient allocation of resources.
- Support on brainstorm, testing, and product launched phases for mobile/web software development.
- As needed, support on the management of technical clients and suppliers including subject matter experts, product managers, development teams, and technology legal/cyber/risk teams with direct contract, budget, and overall relationship management.
- Support on being a front-end ambassador and teacher to help educate and support our team members/clients on the best practices, approaches and guidelines for technical project management, development, and implementation.
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering the best-in-class front-end and back-end user experiences and care about the small details in UAT, user stories, requirements, functionality, reporting, and technical security.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in management information systems (MIS), computer science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years in technical project management, product management, technical data analytics, agile project management, or in the software development life cycle- preferably within the financial and/or event industry.
- Experience in an agency or the endurance event industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiencies in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies and the use of Jira, Basecamp, Invision, Figma or related systems.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking capabilities that include crafting a strategic approach, developing user insights, and justifying technological decisions to meet project needs.
- Ability to effectively present ideas to both technical and non-technical individuals (internal, vendors, and clients).
- Ability to work well with producers, technologists, strategists, designers, vendors, etc.
- Experience with writing user stories and requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Highly analytical, logical, detail-oriented, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Great communicator with the ability to create a clear, actionable plan from complex concepts within an ever-changing technical environment.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to travel (following CDC and DOH guidelines) and work non-traditional hours (nights and weekends) as needed.
- Excellent communicator - both written and verbally, including the ability to explain solutions in common business language.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and exceptional organizational skills is required.
- Ability to liaison between lines of business and the development team, while working with a wide range of stakeholders and collaborating with your team.
- Strong problem solving and time management skills; Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment; Ability to work independently and in small groups.
- A solid understanding and comfort level with MS Office including, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project JIRA, Confluence and Share Point is required.
- Self-starter who demonstrates leadership, is a creative thinker with a proven ability to define and meet key deliverables.