ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our home offices and physical office locations in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-it, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the best places to work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in recovery days, Zoom happy hours, friendly (but always competitive) fitness challenges, company retreats and corporate yearbooks, and open meetings to facilitate discussions that heal, inspire, and bring us closer. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Lead Content Strategist is a key member of the Creative team, focused on creating and owning content for one of our leading client programs, from developing the overall content strategy to writing/editing materials that support. We are seeking a professional communicator capable of working with our in-house creative team and client team to deliver and optimize timely content to support email, web, mobile and social channels to drive engagement throughout the customer journey.
An ideal candidate is proven in orchestrating integrated and cross-channel content strategies that captivate audiences and drive results. They’re obsessed with the finer details and leverage data-driven decision making to guide their process. They're always on top of and understand how to best optimize across channels. And they also have a strong passion for and knowledge of the sports, health and wellness space. They thrive when they can collaborate with others and inspire those around them. And they never settle for the status quo.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- With a brand publisher mindset, create the content our audience is looking for and then optimize the path to drive participation, and engagement.
- Determine messaging and content strategy across consumer-facing marketing and advertising channels, including website, emails, digital ads, mobile app, and social media.
- Write long- and short-form content across marketing and advertising channels.
- Develop and manage the editorial calendar and organization workflows.
- Analyze campaign performance and use data insights to iterate, improve and maximize results.
- Partner with designers to ensure consistency in language/messaging throughout our content experiences.
- Understand the basic best practices of the main online channels, including which content and approaches work on each and why.
- Use your understanding of SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices to deliver targeted content.
- Champion brand-oriented blog and generate new blog post topics.
- Support script writing and video records as needed.
- Ensure consistency in voice, messaging and approach across all written materials.
- Manage and mentor Content Strategists, Content Producers, and/or vendor partners.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5-8 years of Content Strategy experience for a brand and/or agency.
- 5+ years writing long- and short-form content across marketing and advertising channels. Sports, health, and/or wellness preferred.
- Experience creating campaigns for the web and growing a social audience.
- An experienced writer, editor, and all-around storyteller who can blend creativity with precision.
- Experience working with SEO agencies and/or teams to support SEO content creation.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to analyze and present content performance.
- Detail oriented and attentive proofreader.
- Ability to proactively self-manage and stay organized across multiple simultaneous projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven leadership capability and effectiveness working collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- Ability to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
- Comfort adjusting quickly to changing priorities and conditions; cope effectively with complexity and change.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- Flexibility in travel and willingness to work non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).