ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Senior Technology Manager supports all livestream engineering needs for assigned small, medium and large-scale experiential events. This includes but is not limited to overall project management including items such as; livestream platform buildout and management, QA/QC testing and troubleshooting, “live”, “simu-live”, and “pre-recorded” event execution, and live show management and trouble shooting. This person will work very closely with Account, Production, and Creative leads to drive the life-cycle of a project.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Strong and proven experience/knowledge in Live Production, including Multi-Camera Production, complex live streaming events, webcasts, webinars, live keynotes.
- Senior management level experience in management and creation of online based events using single or multiple (simultaneous) distribution platforms such as;
- IG Live, YouTube Live, Facebook Live, and more!
- This should include managing concurrent workstreams with both technical and design teams on the creation of the event within the desired platform(s).
- High level, proven capabilities with the creation of master project plan including event timeline and overall program/show agenda(s).
- Expertise within the QA/QC review/testing process, including optimization of the livestream environment(s).
- Experience in Content creation, and experience building live stream fly kits and mobile studio kits (hardware/Software).
- Familiarity with CDN vendors (Content delivery networks), video encoding and video packaging.
- Strong networking knowledge: Experience building networks, working with ISP’s, has enough knowledge to vet an existing network infrastructure
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong customer service/client focus
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently and in teams
- Hands on approach, expert researcher and solutions expert
- Proficiency with OBS and live streams (game play and live keynote experience)
- Ability to incorporate emerging trends in living streaming and social media
- Skilled in balancing more than 2 concurrent projects
- Build technical workflows in collaboration with the Technical Director and Technology services team, defining requirements and managing development projects/cycles
- Interdisciplinary knowledge (multi-field familiarity with Account, Production, Creative teams)
- Familiar with cloud services (AWS)
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Placing graphic overlays
- Changing “setup cameras” to Camera Operation, and Control
- Ability to direct/capture B-Roll, MOS Content
- Ability to thrive in and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
- High energy and stamina and flexibility in working non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Strong work ethic, integrity and positive attitude.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended period of time.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with management and oversight of online based “live” events.
- Experience with ADR - Audio Dialogue Replacement