POSITION TITLE: PRODUCTION SERVICES MANAGER
ON BOARD EXPERIENTIAL MARKETING
On Board Experiential is an award-winning, full-service experiential marketing agency that creates meaningful brand experiences throughout the world from our offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York City. Our clients include: Nike, Facebook, Tesla, JPMorgan Chase, Instagram, Cheez-It, Activision, Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day, and Salesforce (to name a few). Cool, cool, but what’s it like to work here? Event Marketer recognized OBE as one of the Best Places to Work in Events 2019, and we couldn’t agree more. The most important part of our business is our people, or “unicorn employees” as we call them. They are hardworking, brave and make magic happen on the regular. But under each majestic exterior, is a human deserving of a healthy work life balance. That’s why we believe in WFHF (Work From Home Fridays) and BYPTWA (Bring Your Pet To Work Anydays), company retreats and corporate yearbooks, wellness discounts and grown-up field trips. We are one big supportive family, and that is ultimately what keeps our superstars coming back every day.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
As Production Services Manager you will be responsible for managing the work flow of all Producers from the initial project/event conception through execution and wrap-up. This consists of managing the internal-external team of producers to ensure the needs of our many and varied projects are being met at the highest level possible. You will be a critical link between the VP of Production and the balance of the entire internal-external Production Team. In addition, you will provide critical support to all our producers by working hand-in-hand with them to build specific production teams using both internal and external production resources. This will include sourcing freelance and short-term temporary producers, in addition to negotiating, contracting and onboarding. You will need to thrive in a high-pressure, constantly changing, very fast-paced environment managing multiple projects and tight timelines... all at the same time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Drive multiple, project specific staffing plans, in various stages of development for successful outcomes.
- Assist with assigning work to the production team based on needs of client and projects.
- Coordinate and monitor the day-to-day staffing and resourcing needs/aspects of projects.
- Support the VP of Production with project resource needs, forecasting, and allocation plans.
- Manage contracting arrangements for all bench (external) resources.
PROJECT SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in project kick-off calls, aka – “Briefs”.
- Assist internal Production Team and make recommendations in assigning producers to projects.
- Review internal resource forecasts per project.
- Review work-backs per project.
- Review and be knowledgeable of budgets per project.
DAILY SCHEDULING MEETINGS
- Participate in regular production and project specific team meetings
- Meet with each production team member individually to assess progress on assigned work and availability
- Track hours on a per project basis and provided accountability where necessary.
MANAGEMENT OF CALENDARS
- Maintain master calendar for ALL projects
- Manage INDIVIDUAL project calendars
- Maintain PTO, Travel & Recovery calendar
- Forecast current and future needs for hiring contractors
- Negotiate (subject to approval by VP and HR) contract rates with agencies.
- Plan briefing meetings
- Manage timesheets
- Manage expenses
- Manage invoices
- Oversee Procim budgeting and tracking
WEEKLY RESOURCE MEETINGS WITH PRODUCTION LEADERSHIP
- Run utilization reports in preparation for meetings
- Update and review Project Schedule
- Incorporate any current and anticipated New Business needs
- Make recommendations on staffing needs
- Track PTO/Recovery requests
- Remind team of timesheet/Procim submissions
- Remind team of expense submissions
- Provide support for onboarding new hires as needed
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS in marketing, business administration, communications or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in production, and/or events, including on-site event experience.
- Experiential marketing agency experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to knowledgeably speak production details and needs.
- Attention to detail is mandatory.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and commitments and meet deadlines.
- Decisiveness and ability to make quick decisions that impact the Production Department and operations as applicable.
- Excellent ability to pro-actively and independently, identify issues/obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Very strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (suite of products such as Teams, Planner), Trello, Google Drive.
- Ability to work independently as well as with internal and external teams.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic work environment.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and stay on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Flexibility in working (very) non-traditional hours as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Experience using Procim a plus. Not required.
- An established network within the production industry (specifically LA-SF-NYC) is a plus.
- Social, outgoing personality with ability to network and develop and maintain strong client and customer relationships.