SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Freelance Graphic Designer (Production) is an integral member of the creative output at OBE on largescale event projects. This Graphic Designer demonstrates knowledge of experiential marketing and environmental design specifically for events. They are primarily responsible for the execution of graphics with a focus on creating and updating presentation decks, signage, templates, banners, invites, menus, programs, or other elements for important event projects. They also track approvals, file organization and overall quality control of print graphics through the print file prep, proofing and execution phase.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create graphic designs to demonstrate concepts in support of strategies developed that are relevant to the needs of the project. Coordinate seamlessly with OBE internal Creative team per project.
- Effectively communicate within the design process to ensure optimal performance within given timeline and budget.
- Coordinate with Account Teams and/or Production Teams in advance of and during activations to ensure approved creative materials are delivered on a timely basis with consistency and high quality.
- Coordinate with external resources as needed, including vendors, printers, freelancers and contractors as needed in the completion of the design, printing, fabrication, build out and installation.
- Strive to continually increase the creative level of the given project through their attention to detail and ability to streamline processes, communication, workload and approvals.
- Maintain a broad understanding of how the audience interacts with our designs and make use of this knowledge in the development of production solutions and suggested materials or hardware.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design
- 2-4 years industry/agency experience in graphic design for events with a focus on graphic production.
- Strong portfolio of creative work to demonstrate graphic design experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite with specific experience using Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to articulate graphical solutions to internal teams and clients (if applicable).
- Ability to translate strategic directives into tangible design deliverables.
- Ability to multi-task and remain flexible.
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with company policies and procedures.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments and adapt with ease.
- Experience with AutoCAD or CADtools for Illustrator is a plus.
- Experience with Dreamweaver + After Effects is a plus.