SUMMARY OF POSITION
As a Traveling Blogger, you will journey on a nationwide mobile marketing tour next spring between April and June (exact timing TBD), representing one of our CPG (consumer packaged goods) clients. On this tour, you will have the opportunity to create content as well as seek out and share goodness across the country. You will promote our client’s brand story and gain followers along the way. Alongside a production-focused Tour Manager, you will visit different types of events as you seek out goodness in each city you visit. Destinations that you’ll visit include but are not limited to the following: Food, music & culture, earth (protecting the planet), community (connecting with the community), and people (celebrating individual skills and accomplishments). The Traveling Blogger acts as an advocate by representing the brand with positive and enthusiastic support for the product at all times.
The Traveling Blogger demonstrates strong communication skills, is conscientious, detail-oriented, and capable of autonomous decision making and quick problem solving when faced with challenges. You should be people-oriented, customer-service driven, and are familiar with the target demo.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Attend all scheduled events, including food, community, music & culture, earth, people, and retail stops.
- Ability to create organic content at market locations and inspire purchase while advocating brand awareness.
- Ability to be “client-facing” when activating an event
- Manage travel between markets - book hotels, rental cars, and meals
- Ensure proper branding is maintained at all times.
- Attend all scheduled calls and meetings with OBE and brand
- Submit high quality organic content and social posting, including product advocacy, event photos and consumer postings in a timely fashion.
- Source events and work with the OBE team and your personal contacts to find smaller opportunities by being intimately tied to their communities and ensure all events the team is attending host our target demo.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience and/or interest in eco-friendly products and lifestyle marketing preferred
- A social following of over 10K followers on your social platforms
- Willingness and enthusiasm to be on the road
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Social media accounts must be a strong fit with the brand (lifestyle-focused)
- Holistically healthy – presently involved and/or familiar with the healthy family community is preferred
- Strong photography skills – you will be creating and publishing your own content
- Must be able to write quality blog post and/or social postings, including event photos, curated photos, product photos, with qualitative & quantitative results
- Excellent communication skills with an outgoing, positive dynamic personality to engage social followers, consumers, and team members.
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Able to commit to either traveling full-time on tour, or able to fly in/fly out for specific events through the duration of the tour
- Outgoing, resourceful and able to demonstrate leadership while maintaining a friendly demeanor at all times
- Able to work varied business hours, including weekends
- Must pass an DMV check, Background & Drug Screens
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and medical certification required
- Minimum age requirement is 21.