We have an exciting opportunity to be in a key role of our new design engineering team. We are looking for experienced innovators with design experience in the nuclear industry (Mechanical/Structural and Electrical/Instrumentation & Control). As a Senior/Intermediate Design Engineer, you will prepare, review, and/or verify design packages for use in Canadian nuclear power plants.
The key requirement for this role is that while you have good experience in nuclear design engineering, you also demonstrate the ability to rethink the usual way of doing things, and to solve problems for our customers efficiently.
Team Leadership & Culture:
- Assist in the development and implementation of modern design engineering tools and processes.
- Problem solve efficiently and effectively.
- Assess workload and ensure work gets done on time and on budget while exceeding client/team expectations.
- Mentor and develop developing design team members.
- Emphasize continuous improvement and focus on bringing innovation, efficiency, and high quality to all engineering tasks and deliverables.
- Perform nuclear design and related technical scope thru progression of conceptual, preliminary, and detailed design.
- Perform technical reviews/verification of engineering deliverables prepared by others in accordance with applicable requirements, codes, and standards.
- Participate in design reviews with customers, vendors, and internal design groups.
- Prepare engineering documents: scope of work, specifications, reports, drawings, BOM.
Perform engineering calculations and analysis (by hand and/or via software).
Stamp engineering products
- Review and/or verify work done by others.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to define and achieve functionality, performance, reliability, availability, and maintainability.
- Work with the project team and design team to solve design related problems.
- Mentor Junior and Intermediate engineers.
What you bring to the table?
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario with a minimum of 3 years of nuclear engineering design experience.
- Good working knowledge of nuclear plant equipment and systems, design basis, and nuclear safety principles.
- Good working knowledge of the nuclear engineering change/modification process.
- Proven understanding of the nuclear industry and Canadian regulatory standards, technical systems, equipment, methodologies, materials and design practices and criteria.
- You have an innovative mindset and ability to work with new ideas, technologies, and techniques.
- Effective verbal, written and presentation communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- University Degree in Mechanical, Nuclear, Electrical, Instrumentation & Control Engineering or equivalent recognized degree.
- Working knowledge of ASME Section III, CSA N286, CSA N299 considered an asset.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
Is NPX right for you?
- Do you have an intellectual curiosity that causes you to explore, experiment and build?
- Do you like working with cutting edge technology to find solutions or opportunities that push up the innovation curve?
- Do you enjoy working in an open-concept start-up environment where collaboration, diversity, and knowledge sharing are key values?
- Are you seriously passionate about giving back and supporting your community?
NPX was founded on the premise that innovation is the most important key to sustaining the nuclear energy industry. We source, implement, and integrate innovative technologies to make things better at nuclear power plants. We think differently and work differently. We are customer obsessed rather than competitor focused, passionate for innovation, long-term thinking and committed to operational excellence. We are a family, driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives and give back to our community.
At NPX we are committed to building a warm, inclusive, and diverse environment. We believe that people do their best work when they feel safe, empowered, and supported. To this end, we offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Competitive salary + benefits package
- High-growth position in the early stage of a scaling company
- Key placement with important responsibilities in the organization
- Alignment of your professional growth with the company’s growth
- Additional perks like unlimited vacation