We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
Notion is an in person company, and currently requires its employees to come to the office for two Anchor Days (Mondays & Thursdays) and requests that employees spend the majority of their week in the office (including a third day).
About The Role:
We're looking for a motivated Customer Success Manager with an entrepreneurial and building spirit to join our founding Customer Success team! The Japan region has been one of the most important markets for us. As an early member of the team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales and customer success motion, meaningfully shape our future product, and drive business revenue, all while having a blast doing it!
What You'll Achieve:
- Help build the foundations of Customer Success at Notion: As an early member of our sales/success teams in Japan, you'll be instrumental in helping define customer success by working closely with a global team.
- Drive adoption, retention, and expansion for a product people love that solves real problems: You are supporting our customers both in APAC and Japan.
- Build an office from the ground up: As an early team member in Japan, you will play a key role in laying the foundations for and developing the culture of our team and office.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- You’re highly adaptable, easily acclimating to a rapidly changing business and industry
- You have a growth mindset and view setbacks as learning opportunities, not failures
- You have 5+ years experience of Customer Success or Sales at a fast growing software company with a track record of high achievement
- Strong intrinsic motivation to be a top performer and contribute to a team
- You can put yourself in others’ shoes and see situations from perspectives other than your own
- You’re motivated by seeing others succeed and grow when you partner with them
- You love getting to know new people and helping them solve their business problems
- You speak Japanese (Native level) and English (Business level)
Nice to Haves:
- You have experience using Notion
- You have experience training users of SaaS products
- You have experience working with user community
We hire talented and passionate people from a variety of backgrounds because we want our global employee base to represent the wide diversity of our customers. If you’re excited about a role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every bullet point listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. If you’re a builder at heart, share our company values, and enthusiastic about making software toolmaking ubiquitous, we want to hear from you.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.