We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
The mission of the Business Technology team is to be a strategic and responsive thought-partner to drive Notion's critical go-to-market and foundation goals. This team is comprised of techno-functional subject matter experts who can collaborate with business partners to define problems, identify the right tool(s) to address these issues, and design and implement the appropriate solutions to drive the business forward.
As the leader of the Enterprise Architecture and Delivery function, you will design Notion’s integrated system architecture to ensure it aligns well with the business’ organizational structure and processes. You will be a critical part of defining the foundation of Notion’s tech stack, bringing your expertise and best practices to guide evaluation and selection of tools to fit in our integrated tooling ecosystem. This function is responsible for envisioning, communicating, and evolving our organization’s enterprise architecture.
The Enterprise Architect owns key technical delivery elements – including defining release management methodologies, guiding solution delivery teams (internal and contractors), integrating systems, and building out our reference architecture. You will partner with key business stakeholders, systems managers and data science team members to build bridges across data silos, and implement innovative solutions to unlock our business goals.
As a founding member of the team, your career growth will boundless. You will be an early leader in this function, have the opportunity to grow your team, and influence decisions in shaping our tech stack.
What You'll Achieve:
- Build the foundations of Notion’s Business Technology delivery function, by defining the strategy for enterprise architecture, release management, technical development and integrations
- Understand Notion’s data across applications to guide technical decisions of how to architect solutions for complex problems that require an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Partner with Notion’s data science and systems managers to integrate elements of application layers, enable workflows across siloed systems, and build a longer term strategy for data governance across Notion’s internal applications
- Critically evaluate new tooling requests and provide recommendations on new technologies to deliver business capability requirements while embracing ‘Notion on Notion’ principles to solve our needs wherever possible
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 6+ years of hands on technical systems architecture experience and integrated data processes
- Ability to analyze technical business requirements, including functional and non-functional requirements, to architect and develop system solutions across our critical applications
- Strong technical skills across a variety of sales, marketing and finance enterprise SaaS tools (preferably Salesforce, Marketo, Stripe, and/or Netsuite)
- Experience developing Agile delivery methodologies and processes, managing release planning activities, and defining best practices for testing procedures
- Ability to identify and facilitate resolution to key design decisions in complex, integrated systems projects
- Strong ability to evaluate enterprise applications to guide tooling decisions to ensure business fit-for-purpose and architectural integrity
- Experience leading a team of developers (internal or external) to articulate business outcomes, scope work-efforts into manageable design components, and deliver project goals
Nice to Haves:
- Experience in Notion’s current tech stack (Salesforce, Netsuite, Marketo, Stripe)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.