We're on a mission to make it possible for every person, team, and company to be able to tailor their software to solve any problem and take on any challenge. Computers may be our most powerful tools, but most of us can't build or modify the software we use on them every day. At Notion, we want to change this with focus, design, and craft.
We've been working on this together since 2016, and have customers like Pixar, Mitsubishi, Figma, Plaid, Match Group, and thousands more on this journey with us. Today, we're growing fast and excited for new teammates to join us who are the best at what they do. We're passionate about building a company as diverse and creative as the millions of people Notion reaches worldwide.
About The Role:
- Responsible for the technical relationship with customers and prospects and works internally with sales to identify and communicate solutions to meet customers' business needs.
- Build technical proof of concepts/demos/tools to assist presales with providing value to customers.
- Provide expert knowledge and answer technical questions to help customers integrate Notion with their existing tools and workflows.
- Respond to advanced product and technical questions, RFPs, and security questionnaires in a precise and timely manner.
- Coordinate internal, customer, and third-party resources for any required integrations, workflows, or security configurations.
- Join kickoff calls to align on onboarding, implementation, and product needs to help set expectations on scope and ensure a smooth transition to Customer Success.
- Manage the post-sales technical implementation experience, inclusive of security and Admin configurations.
- Work closely with CX to advocate for open customer tickets and escalations.
- Help bridge the gap between Product and Sales, capturing customer feedback to help shape our future product roadmap
- Document technical considerations and contributing to internal knowledge bases as a resource for other teams, customers, and partners
What You'll Achieve:
- Drive technical onboarding + implementation for a product people love that solves real problems: Some of the worlds largest companies use Notion to run huge teams — but your friends and family can also use it to take notes, display photos, and more. Some non-profits even use it to conserve wildlife!
- Help build the foundations of Customer Success at Notion: As an early member of our sales/success team, you'll be instrumental in helping define our sales-assisted motions.
- Serve as the customer's technical advisor: You'll project manage the technical implementation process to quickly onboard our customers and help them dig deep into new use cases of Notion.
- Join a fantastic team at a magical time: We've hit profitability and over three million users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
- Meaningfully shape our future product: As you engage with customers, you'll gain insights to help us serve them better — and work with product to inform what we do next.
- Elevate your skills as we tackle our most impactful challenges: We've achieved more than teams 10x our size in less time — and there's so much more to do and learn.
Skills You'll Need to Bring:
- 4+ years as Technical Sales Engineer or Solutions Engineer
- You have strong knowledge of APIs, integrations, and SSO/SCIM
- You have strong project management experience and have managed complex projects to completion
- You have a growth mindset and thrive in the building stage of a nascent team
- You’re highly adaptable, easily acclimating to a rapidly changing business and industry
Nice to Haves:
- You've been a first or early hire at a fast growing start up before
- You are highly technical
- You’ve built teams or hired technical sales engineers before
- You have experience using Notion
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.