We make software that anyone can mold and shape to take on every challenge — from taking personal notes to running large companies. Usually based in the Mission neighborhood of San Francisco, we've been building together since 2016 and are trusted by customers including Nike, Airbnb, Slack, Samsung, and more. We're excited to be growing a team as diverse and creative as the millions of people we reach worldwide, and a company where everyone can thrive.
About The Role:
Notion gives users a powerful set of tools that they can use to build almost anything. Now we're extending those tools to developers. Nearly 30,000 developers are on our API waitlist, and we'll be launching to general availability this summer. This is a unique opportunity to build a meaningful platform with a built-in community from day zero. Your scope is expansive, including developer marketing, partner marketing, and marketing integrations directly to our users. You’ll work closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, Success, Support, and the leadership team. We are looking for a seasoned, strategic, collaborative leader who can establish the function and eventually build a team.
You'll be the first person in this type of role, empowered to build the program from the ground up.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a cross-functional GTM team, including product, business development, developer relations and sales, to plan and execute the go-to-market strategy for Notion's platform launch and follow-on product integrations
- Develop positioning and messaging that convey the value of Notion's platform and unique place in the market
- Build a deep understanding of our developers and integration partners through customer research, competitive analysis, and quantitative insights
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users and become the go-to specialist for platform to help craft the product roadmap and strategy
- Create compelling assets that communicate product value and enable the sales team to clearly articulate this value to customers
- Establish the right metrics and campaigns that drive adoption and engagement among Notion developers
What We're Looking For:
- Experience as a builder. We're in the early days of our platform and the company in general. This role will establish the platform marketing team, how work gets done, and the value the team drives. We need someone who is excited by that foundational role.
- Strong cross-functional skills. You'll spend your day working with a wide variety of partners, including product, sales, engineering, marketing, business development, developer relations, and more.
- Comfort engaging directly with developers and customers. You'll need to be able to switch smoothly between a technical developer audience and our more general user audience, and simplify complex concepts for different segments.
- Experience informing and influencing the product roadmap through a combination of market, sales, and competitive data.
- Growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity. We're in a hyper-growth stage - you should thrive in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment.
- At least 5 years of product marketing or developer marketing experience. You are familiar with the developer audience and understand the best practices to inform, inspire, and enable them.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Notion.
Notion is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Notion considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Notion is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation made due to a disability, please let your recruiter know.