We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Data Analyst, Growth to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. We are a San Francisco, New York, Portland, and Toronto-based, remote-friendly, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered. We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world (Battery, Redpoint, Tom Williams and more) and are growing fast.
Our company’s purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? How can you help them? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, especially among the marginalized and less fortunate, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform – we are the world-class Finance Department that most small businesses could never afford.
We ❤ growth. As a Data Analyst, Growth, you’ll partner with our world-class Growth team on generating insights to identify the best areas of opportunity. Reporting to our Group Product Manager, Growth, you’ll also benefit from our experienced management team, who have already created and exited startups and come from leadership roles at brands like Square, McKinsey, Google, Frank and Oak, Strava, Instacart, Prodigy, Oportun, eBay and more.
We’re building a product that solves real pain vs the imagined kind. Small businesses are the bedrock of every community and of the American economy, and you’ll be their champion. Ready to start?
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Analyzing data to derive insights and identify new growth opportunities
- Building models, dashboards and reports to measure ongoing performance of A/B tests, new features, campaigns, etc.
- Documenting and presenting your findings to the team to make sure stakeholders have all the information they need to make the best strategic decisions
- Keeping the team up to date on what competitors are doing and helping us understand what the latest and greatest looks like
The skills required for this role:
- You have experience working with digital products and/or SaaS
- You’re giddy about building awesome quantitative models using SQL/Excel
- You’re a natural communicator and you love diagnosing and solving problems
- You’re a pro at making complex technology and business processes simple
- You know how to connect the dots between departments and stakeholders
- You’ve supported teams that work on quick release and testing cycles
- You've worked with Atlassian (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.) and CDP (Segment, Mparticle, etc.) tools before
- You have experience using BI and analytics tools (Looker, Mixpanel, Amplitude, etc.)
- You’re familiar with comms platforms (Braze, Mailchimp, etc.)
- You have an interest in startups, growth, and product management
If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, and we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Data Analyst, Growth you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a tight-knit team supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. We believe that a broad array of lived experiences and backgrounds are essential for creating the best possible product and company culture.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.