We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Technical Sourcer to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a Toronto, New York, Portland and San Francisco-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ building great teams. As a Technical Sourcer you’ll execute on sourcing strategies, build strong volume pipelines, and provide a best in class candidate experience for our technical roles. Most importantly, you’ll partner directly with TA’s and hiring managers to build world class teams that are diverse and inclusive. Our COO has worked on brands like Frank and Oak and built products for Supercell, MachineZone, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 5 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Partner with TA’s and hiring managers to source and cultivate high quality candidates for technical roles
- Build scalable sourcing strategies to attract the best talent across North America
- Research best practices to develop and define new DEI sourcing strategies
- Uphold a high caliber for creating positive candidate experiences and maintaining a positive impression of NorthOne through first engagements
- Create effective and persuasive messaging and content that strengthens NorthOne’s employer brand
- Partner with TA’s on inbound hiring strategy in addition to managing inbound applications as needed
Today you might be a Sourcer, Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Researcher or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
The skills required for this role:
- You have a strong track record of identifying and sourcing top talent to fill technical roles
- You’re obsessed with building strong relationships with cross functional partners (recruiters, hiring managers, etc.)
- You have hands on experience working with recruitment tools like Linkedin Recruiter and Greenhouse
- You’ve created or helped improve sourcing strategies focused on DEI
- You’re a pro at managing and prioritizing multiple roles at once
- You have experience sourcing at a fast-paced early stage startup or an exceptional larger tech company
- You’ve helped scale up an inspiring team from single digit employees to hundreds
- You have experience sourcing talent in both Canada and the US
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head-on.
As a Technical Sourcer you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business, we’re a team. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.