a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 500+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, and Bangalore, together we've served over 306 million consumers worldwide across 5 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 50 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
As a Principal Engineer, you will set the technical direction and influence the technical architecture of systems at Narvar. You will promote software development best practices, mentor other senior engineers, and work with external and internal customers to understand and define complex requirements. You will help build tools, platforms, processes, and frameworks that help the entire company. You will partner with senior management to prioritize the technical roadmaps and represent the company externally.
what you’ll do
- Understand the industry landscape and help translate that to technical priorities for the company
- Design and develop highly scalable backend and frontend software that translate business needs into workable technology solutions
- Raise the bar for technical standards, performance, reliability, and operational excellence
- Identify and drive improvements to code, architecture, and processes
- Be hands-on and build tools, platforms, processes, and frameworks that help the entire company
- Work closely with the CTO in synthesizing and influencing our technical roadmap
- Raise the technical bar across the e-commerce landscape
- Mentor other senior and junior engineers, playing a strong multiplicative force in their growth and impact
what we’re looking for
- You have 6+ years of software experience at a startup or technology-focused company and a consistent track record of planning and executing against projects of large scope
- You have demonstrated time and again the ability to successfully lead teams of senior engineers
- You have a passion for engineering, exceptional coding skills, and a breadth of knowledge of computer science fields ranging from architectures to algorithms
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, MS/PhD in computer science or related field preferred
- You have demonstrated sound judgement with the ability to creatively solve complex problems stemming from a solid grounding in a wide range of CS areas (e.g. service oriented architectures, distributed systems, data, frontend and backend technologies)
- You have been able to express your views and present your work through excellent communication skills that help you garner consensus among engineers internally and customers externally
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.