a little bit about us
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey. That's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, and 600+ other brands. With offices in San Francisco, London, Paris, and Bangalore, together we've served over 400 million consumers worldwide across 7 billion interactions, 38 countries, and 55 languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate professional wins, baby showers, birthday parties, and everything in between.
Data from billions of consumer interactions powered by the Narvar platform helps inform key product and business decisions. Our data science and engineering teams identify ways to use this data to deliver insights to our retailers as well as develop new product capabilities. As the Director of Data Science & Engineering, you will be responsible for defining, staffing, and executing our technical vision. You will set the standard by asking the right questions and building data products that answer these questions, while keeping the privacy of our consumers in mind.
what you’ll do
- Attract, retain, develop, and manage top data science and engineering talent
- Partner with product leaders to align technical vision given product and operational needs
- Promote data science best practices and craftsmanship
- Research and adopt new technologies and open source implementations
- Provide technical leadership and decision making for the team
- Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and fun
- Build machine learning infrastructure and models (e.g. recommendation engines, statistical models, NLP engines) that drive activity on our platform, scale our business, and enhance the user experience
- Design and track experiments for data science products as well as analyses throughout the organization
what we’re looking for
- You have 6+ years of experience as either an individual contributor or as an engineering manager
- You have experience as a leader in data science either through technical leadership as an IC or as a personnel manager
- You have a BS/MS in computer science or equivalent, PhD is a plus
- You excel in an informal, fast-paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure
- You can provide credible hands-on management to highly-qualified engineers and data scientists
- You can set and manage expectations and ensure your team achieves them
- You’re able to present and communicate technical designs and processes to both technical and non-technical audiences
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.