Who You Are:
You are a motivated networking professional with at least five (5) years of experience delivering client solutions.
You are deeply invested in learning about new technologies and vendors with aspirations of growing into a solutions architect role.
You enjoy interacting with clients and always seek the outcome that will best address their pain points and business objectives.
About The Role:
Myriad360 solves client needs by exploring problem and solutions spaces to deliver technological solutions for our customer base, made up of cloud builders, service providers, and enterprises globally.
Our networking practice has overarching responsibility for delivering networking solutions which includes traditional IP/Optical/WDM/MPLS/subsea networking, IPv4->IPv6 migration, data center networking architecture (including Clos, Benes, Fat Tree, and other topologies), vendor migrations, routing protocol selection, network automation, implementation and optimization, stretched layer 2 (EVPN, EVPL, EPL, VXLAN), software defined networking (including OpenFlow and OVS), programmable packet path technologies (DPDK, P4), switching architecture, etc.
As our Networking Engineer II-III, you will deliver professional services for our clients. Your primary goal as a member of the team is to provide engineering services to internal and external constituents with the occasional foray into sales engineering.
Your day-to-day will consist of client conversations and solutions engineering, which may include configuration, product selection, design assistance, light coding, and scripting (e.g. Ansible/Python/Shell), wireless heatmaps & surveys, documentation, diagramming, and troubleshooting.
This role is accountable for:
- Assessing client network infrastructure and analyzing configurations
- Identifying customer requirements
- Providing cross-technology guidance across the whole solution stack, not just a narrow product line definition
- Delivering high-quality engineering work on assigned projects as a mid-to-senior level engineer
- Writing MOPs, execute maintenance windows
- Engaging in continuous learning on new technologies and products, including R&D and lab work
- Carrying certifications for the business
- Delivering a world-class client experience
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in network engineering, with recent focus on core network engineering and/or automation
- Relevant networking experience and/or certifications (CCNA/CCNP, CCDA/CCDP, JNCIA/JNCIP, CWNA/CWDA/CWDP, )
- Wireless and wired networking knowledge from an intermediate to advanced level
- Specific knowledge of at least one of: Cisco, Arista, Juniper, or Cumulus
- Deep operational experience in networking environments
- Knowledge of field expedient networking / remote work tools (SSH, Ansible, VMs, VPN, tunnels, OOB management toolsets)
- Basic network security background
- Excellent verbal and written communication, technical writing, and diagramming skills
- Advanced time, expectation, and knowledge management skills
- Knowledge of multi-vendor environments and the challenges therein
- Prior experience in a client-facing role
- Basic account and sales management knowledge including familiarity with quota, GP and rebate programs
- Data analysis (Excel, pandas, gnuplot, Mathematica, statistics)
- A passion for systems development and optimization as it relates to internal process improvement
- Deep knowledge of TCP, UDP and multicast, including IP routing (BGP, OSPF, ISIS)
- Deep knowledge of IP networking, MPLS, and Layer 2g. bridge, hub, switch, STP, MAC flooding
- Knowledge of optical solutions including xWDM
- Knowledge of current-generation networking solution stack, including MC-LAG, 802.1X, EVPN, VXLAN, MACSec, SDN, Cisco ACI
- Knowledge of Palo Alto, Fortinet or Cisco security products and related solution set, including NAC solutions
- Basic knowledge of non-network OEMs with networking solutions g.HPE ProCurve
- Experience with network security, g.firewalls, IDS/IPS, NAT
- Some SRE knowledge and/or network automation knowledge highly desired, specifically conceptual knowledge of Redis, Storm, Kafka, Ansible, Saltstack
- Experience with Bash, Python, Lua, Ansible, Jinja2
- Knowledge of Linux networking stack and/or toolsets
- Knowledge of OpenStack, Kubernetes, VMware or other virtualization solutions
- Knowledge of common networking requirements trees by customers
A Little About Us
Our mission is to challenge and enable our employees to achieve great things.
We live and breathe our core values:
- Caring. We act with compassion, respect, integrity and professionalism. We are willing to lend a hand.
- Dare to be Great. We take initiative, challenge ourselves to be great, and lead by example.
- Constant Improvement. We are inquisitive learners who apply new knowledge to improve ourselves and our work.
- Accountable. We do what we say, create clarity, focus on results, and take full ownership to deliver on our commitments.
- Can-Do Attitude. We are solution-focused, resourceful problem solvers who tackle every challenge with positivity and enthusiasm
We are consistently listed among Inc & Crain's "Best Places to Work" and we're proud of our accessible & engaged executive team. We believe in cultivating an atmosphere of inclusion and providing an environment that enables every employee to work to the best of their ability.
Some of Our Benefits
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Quarterly profit sharing for all employees
- Company-funded 401k contributions
- Subsidized individual & family health insurance plans
- Ongoing company-funded professional development & education
- Transparent, candid culture with 1:1 coaching, quarterly performance reviews, and a consistent feedback loop
- Team-building events
- Community involvement opportunities
- Quirky, diverse, respectful, high-performing coworkers you’ll want to achieve greatness with
Myriad360 is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.