MyFitnessPal is a part of Mogul's Top 100 Workplaces With The Best D&I Initiatives in 2022
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe fitness starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
As Senior Product Manager at MyFitnessPal, your job will be to onboard, engage, delight and retain our users. It will be up to you to come up with the strategy to ensure we’re delivering best-in-class nutrition guidance, creating innovative features our users are excited to use, and helping users define their goals and understand how to use MyFitnessPal achieve them.
What you’ll be doing:
- In partnership with cross-functional stakeholders, this role will work to help define, size, communicate, and execute a product strategy for MyFitnessPal
- Deeply understand our new customer and user segments, meeting regularly with target market audiences to refine product strategy and find product/market fit.
- With the MFP engineering and product and design teams, build a team that can successfully deliver on the product vision; help to hire the required engineering, design, and editorial teammates who will focus on engagement
- Serve as a thought leader for the rest of MFP’s product team. Help incorporate our product strategy into our broader product vision, and ensure alignment across our platform
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of experience in a technical role with 4+ years experience as a Product Manager or Senior Product Manager with a clear record of successful delivery and impact in collaboration with an engineering team
- Product management experience for a mobile digital consumer product at large scale
- Very strong critical thinking and analysis skills. Ability to take an ambiguous problem, use data-informed brainstorming, identify goals and clear metrics, and drive a team to deliver on those goals
- Good user instincts - experience working with design, user research, running experiments, and iterating on ideas to benefit end users. Some experience with direct-to-consumer products is a plus
- Excellent communication skills to ensure stakeholder alignment and define and share strategy
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment
- Passion for helping millions of people achieve their health and fitness goals
- Deep understanding of consumer mobile apps with large scale audiences
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
Full Time Employee Perks, Benefits, and Culture:
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S.
- Want to work in an office? We also have a physical office in Austin, TX
- Bi-annual, in-person company retreats to work, bond, and enjoy team-building activities
- Opportunities for team members to meet and connect in person for company paid lunches or working sessions
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Safe Harbor 401K program
- Supported path in parenthood with fertility benefits and paid maternity and parental leave
- Monthly Wellness Allowance to assist team members to focus on their own physical and mental wellbeing and select wellness initiatives of their own choice
- Reward & recognition platform enabling peers to recognize and reward their peers for all the great work they do
- MyFitnessPal Premium
- Modern Virtual Learning and Development Library
- DEI Committee dedicated to ongoing efforts to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress
- Diversity training for employees
- A dynamic, motivating, and fun work environment
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.