Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis, you will play a pivotal role in scaling and leading our FP&A function. You will be responsible for providing strategic financial insights, long-term modeling, and acting as a trusted partner to our executives and the CFO. Your background in investment banking and familiarity with corporate development will be highly valuable in this role. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for financial analysis, and enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams, this opportunity at Mural is perfect for you!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with the CFO and the executive management team to meet financial goals and develop long-term strategic plans
- Lead company-wide strategic planning, budgeting, and management reporting; own and manage the Company’s Financial model (P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow)
- Develop and utilize data-driven analytics to generate value-added insights and actionable recommendations to detect growth opportunities across the company
- Provide analytical perspectives and executive financial summaries for important strategic decisions, including M&A activities and significant capital investments
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual management reports - assess operating and financial results, understand key trends, review current and future business risks
- Build dashboards to capture key performance metrics; implement processes to performance manage the business in partnership with the Sales, Marketing, Product, and Engineering teams
- Develop unit economics to understand key drivers of the business model. Make recommendations to improve ROI
- Identify and implement technology, software, and new processes to scale the financial planning and reporting processes and support the growth of the business
- Build, nurture, and lead a team of high-performing FP&A professionals that support functional management and teams across the Company
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- 8+ years of experience, in financial planning and analysis, with a background in investment banking
- Expertise in long-term modeling, strategic planning, scenario planning, and financial forecasting.
- Demonstrated ability to build out FP&A functions, including developing processes and implementing financial planning frameworks.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Experience in corporate development is a plus.
- Strong executive leadership skills with experience partnering at the board, investor, and executive management levels
- A proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field; MBA preferred.
For roles based in New York City, California, Colorado, and Washington, the base salary for this role ranges from $216,300 - $270,400 + equity + benefits. Compensation offered will be determined by factors such as location, level, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Certain roles may be eligible for variable compensation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.