Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As Senior Software Engineer for our Facilitation team, you will grow our business by building and maintaining tools that help facilitators lead better meetings and collaborate on a whole new level. You’ll be responsible for delivering quality code, coaching fellow engineers, and ensuring we adhere to standard methodologies in the Software Development Process. You will report directly to the Senior Engineering Manager, Facilitation/Async.
In this role, you will:
- Be a part of building a product and contributing to it, having ownership over what you do, and seeing it evolve
- Work as a full stack developer on tasks that will require different aspects and skills from you
- Be a problem solver, use your resources to work autonomously, and bring new ideas to our work by sharing your particular experience and knowledge
- Join a diverse team with a positive outlook to teach and learn
- Have a strong sense of teamwork and collaboration. We strongly encourage doing pair programming and code reviews!
- Work closely with the product and design teams
- Collaborate in our team’s technical designs and participate in whichever you want from other teams. We are open to everyone!
- Work closely with product management to help realize the product vision
- Collaborate with fellow engineers within and outside the team, along with architects and SREs, to ensure we deliver a feature with quality built in at every stage
- At least 5 years of experience building responsive, pixel-perfect user interfaces using React
- Experience in crafting and developing web services using REST and JSON
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Hands-on development of applications and services
- Lead moderate to highly sophisticated programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Implemented automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Participated in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provided analysis of problems and recommended solutions
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently of a remote location
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with tools like DataDog for monitoring and observability
Please submit your resume in English. #LI-Remote #LI-MM1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.