Mural’s mission is to inspire teams to connect and innovate, while bringing purpose and intention to the craft of collaboration.
Mural created the Collaborative Intelligence System™ to power cultures of effective collaboration where everyone is connected, contributing, and empowered to deliver business-driving outcomes.
Founded in 2011, Mural is a leading innovator in visual collaboration for hybrid, remote, and distributed teams. We believe in what we build, and our team of more than 600 “Muralistas” around the world collaborate in the Mural® app. Our values guide our intentionally inclusive product and culture, which includes collaboration design education and a flexible monthly stipend for learning, wellness, and coworking.
Mural has raised $200M to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill our mission. The company is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 100, including innovative teams at IBM, Intuit, GitLab, Microsoft, and Atlassian.
As Sr. FP&A Analyst, you will grow our business by providing actionable insights that will help Mural expand globally. This role is remote. However, you will need to overlap significantly with the eastern and pacific time zones. Our belief is simple: the most powerful storytelling is done with numbers. Your role as a Sr. FP&A Analyst makes that a reality. You’re responsible for analyzing business performance to uncover trends, insights, and opportunities.
In this role, you will:
- Financial Modeling: Ability to understand or build bottom-up financial models to plan, measure and forecast the business.
- Planning and Financial Analysis: Participate in annual planning, long-term planning, rolling forecast, and variance process.
- Data Analysis: Produce KPI reporting and root cause trends in KPIs. Prepare insights for variance and critical meetings.
- Systems: Maintain and update Adaptive Planning
- Project Management: Support the migration of Mural´s hiring plan to Adaptive Planning
- Communication: Prepare and review monthly financial decks to promote internal and external understanding of the company’s financial results.
- Business Partnership: Support all department budgets, headcount planning, strategic initiatives, ad hoc financial analysis, and monthly, quarterly, and annual planning.
- Work cross-functionally:
- Accounting team on variance analysis
- Finance team on monthly reporting
- People Ops teams on headcount metrics and recruiting
- Department leaders on budgeting and forecast updates from prior months' results
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
- 3+ years of FP&A experience within a SaaS company as a Corporate FP&A Analyst
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, statistics, economics, business, or other related fields
- Experience with financial planning software (Adaptive Planning) and Netsuite
- A passion for helping others make informed decisions driven by ROI and storytelling with numbers
- Ability to present financial data concisely using detailed reports and charts and through written and oral communication.
- Outstanding Excel / Google Sheets skills with the ability to manipulate large data sets
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities
Nice to have:
- A hyper-organized and detail-oriented professional
- An entrepreneurial spirit who thrives in fast-paced environments & adapts to change easily
- An expert project manager who can manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role ranges from $82,600 to $113,500 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In the state of California and Washington, the salary for this role ranges from $92,900 to $127,700 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your city of residence, qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
In New York City, the salary for this role ranges from $103,200 to $141,900 + equity + benefits, but may vary based on your qualifications and job-related experience level, that could result in a level outside of this range.
Job level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.#LI-Remote #LI-SS1
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- 401K (US only)
- Company equity
- Health insurance
- Fertility benefits
- Muralvida stipend (for fitness, wellness, learning and coworking)
- Fully remote team
- Parental leave
- End of year closure
- Design thinking trainings
- Mural free forever plan
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
Mural is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.