MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
The Product Growth pillar is looking for an Engineering Manager for its Enablement team. This team is in charge of Mural’s experimentation platform and practices, as well as user tracking in the product. The team cares a lot about data. It also partners with other growth and marketing teams to ensure the full funnel user journey event data is unified and actionable.
The Product Growth pillar drives business growth by getting users to core product value faster through a focus on customer lifecycle stages like activation, engagement and retention.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the engineers already on the teams, understand and optimize how they work, deliver and own code in our React, Typescript environment.
- Nurture and develop the career progression of your direct reports.
- Partner closely with the product manager and designer on the team’s strategy and vision, as well as their execution.
- Collaborate with important stakeholders (product analytics, marketing ops, product marketing, data, other teams in product engineering, etc.)
- Work with recruiting to keep growing the teams, making sure we provide candidates with a great experience and ensure our hiring, onboarding, and training processes are continuously improved.
- Plan and execute strategies to ensure the on-time delivery of projects within the roadmap.
- Lead cross-team or cross-pillar Product Engineering initiatives to improve how we work and deliver value to our customers.
At Mural, the direct reports of an Engineering Manager are Software Engineers (including Team Architects). Our Engineering Managers work in close collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, DevOps, Data Analysts/Scientists, and often report to a Director of Engineering.
- At least 2 years of experience in Engineering Management at a different company bigger or a similar size than Mural.
- Several years of relevant experience as an engineer with a good understanding of both backend and frontend technologies.
- Experience running A/B tests with 3rd party vendors or in-house solutions and/or experiment platforms or experience building internal tooling.
- You have designed and built web services and have experience in running them in a production environment (debugging, optimization, operationalization, etc.)
- You have experience leading projects using Agile methodologies (all of our teams use a variation of Scrum or Kanban).
- You have hired and promoted engineers, and you know how to motivate your team members to maintain a high level of trust between each other and with yourself.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
Ideally you have...
- Modern JS frameworks and Typescript experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.