MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
The Engineering Manager, DevOps (Developer Velocity) will be responsible for driving the roadmap of the Developer Velocity team with the rest of the squads, as well as to serve as the liaison between our team and the product teams of MURAL at large. You must have a track record of hiring, mentoring and leveling up top-notch DevOps and/or Automation teams. As a manager, you will be expected to improve the development process, propose and implement methodological changes to the way we work.
You must be familiar with relevant industry tools and architectures, such as AWS, Azure, CI platforms, CLI tools, SDKs and internal software development tooling. The Developer Velocity Engineering Manager will lead a team of 6-7 engineers that are responsible for software tools and platforms used daily by over 200 engineers across the whole organization. You must be a team player, always willing to collaborate with others and will be responsible for the following:
- Designing, building and maintaining tools and a toolchain to improve the development lifecycle across all engineering teams.
- Helping build and scale our development environment as engineering teams grow.
- Investigating, discussing and proposing new engineering productivity practices and tools by researching and building prototypes using new technologies.
As a manager you will not be implementing technical solutions directly, but your technical experience will help validate the solutions the team tackles.
- 2+ years experience in a technical management role.
- 4+ years of experience as Backend, Integrations or CI/CD pipelines of a healthy and high-performing engineering team.
- You have a strong sense of ownership over critical problem areas.
- You have a thorough understanding of Linux systems, Docker and CI tools like Jenkins, Github Actions, Azure DevOps or the like.
- You have a solid grasp of the NodeJS ecosystem, including Typescript and automated build and testing tools for them like Cucumber or Mocha.
- You are experienced in designing, implementing and documenting API services for consumption by other engineering teams.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency using JIRA or similar tool.
- Knowledge of OKRs, KPIs or similar methodologies.
Ideally you have...
- Experience with tooling or DevOps teams in SaaS startups.
- Experience with platforms for building, deploying, and orchestrating container-based environments like Kubernetes, OpenShift or Nomad+Consul.
- Experience with platforms for managing infrastructure as code, like Terraform.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.