MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
The Identity team at MURAL ensures that MURAL customer data remains secure and only accessible by authorized users. These services, features, and interfaces are critical to MURAL’s ability to serve large customers. We are looking for an Engineering Manager to:
- Lead a high-performing remote team of software engineers
- Partner closely with your Product and Design peers to build and deliver on a team roadmap covering topics such as SSO, MFA, SCIM API, and other access, provisioning/de-provisioning, and account management needs
- Ensure the success of software projects through the planning and execution phases within and across your team and broader engineering groups
- Build and develop a diverse and capable team via hiring, coaching, and mentoring engineers
This position is located within our ‘Enterprise’ Engineering pillar, specifically within a group composed of Identity, Security/Data Protection, and Compliance teams, led by a Director of Engineering.
IN THE FIRST MONTH, YOU WILL:
- Build alliances with your engineers, peers, partners, and stakeholders
- Establish your personal workflows for handling your various responsibilities
- Understand your engineering team’s workflows, constraints, roles, ceremonies, purpose, and needs from the business
- Begin learning the identity management space, understanding the IT and operations teams that are your customers, and learning MURAL’s product and capabilities
IN THE FIRST THREE MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Work with your Product Management partner to understand and refine the team’s strategy, ensure alignment, and understand the team's priorities and roadmaps
- Hold a (virtual) offsite for your team to align on working agreements, strengthen relationships, and articulate the team’s strategy, how it connects to MURAL’s business goals, and how it will translate into day-to-day roadmap items for the team
- Work with your engineers and Product and Design partners to identify team processes that are not working and create experiments to iterate on improvements
- Navigate career path planning and identify growth opportunities for engineers to take on projects tailored to skill level and interests
- Recruit, hire, mentor, coach, and hold your engineers accountable to high standards
- Actively manage customer escalations, interruptions, and partner expectations
IN THE FIRST SIX MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Advocate for and celebrate the accomplishments of your engineers through our reviews and promotion recommendation process
- Become conversationally fluent about the high-level architecture and function of your products
- Manage your product’s technical debt, working with your engineers to identify needed engineering investments (risks, architecture, toil) and ensure they’re prioritized into the backlog
- Adopt an iterative and continuous planning approach to balance agility and predictability
- Regularly set measurable stretch goals and challenge your team to reach new heights
- You have 2+ years of experience directly managing high-performing software engineering teams as an Engineering Manager
- Your past teams have delivered using modern agile methodologies, shipping high-quality and reliable software in regular, iterative releases
- You have a track record of attracting, developing, and advancing great engineers
- Your teams have delivered cloud-native software, ideally in a high-growth SaaS environment
- You’ve succeeded in managing people from other countries, cultures, and timezones and are comfortable working and managing 100% remotely
Ideally you have...
- Experience in the identity, access management, or user management problem domains
- Experience working in Node.JS, React, and TypeScript stacks
- Experience working in an exponentially high-growth environment (in terms of employee count, revenue, customer count, etc.)
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.