MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 500 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Design Technologist, you will work on complex, systemic problems related to new product innovation, product strategy, organizational culture, customer experience, and related areas. This is a senior-level IC role within the design team that will work with and across the organization in a strategic, collaborative capacity.
This is a hybrid design technologist/prototyping role. You are a GREAT fit for this role, if:
- You’re able to quickly bring a product / business / customer-focused idea to life in a functional prototype (while you will be working on a lot of strategic and conceptual projects, this is a 100% ‘hands-on’ role). While no code needs to be production-ready, the interactions being prototyped will need to feel like an actual experience.
- You are an excellent communicator with great instincts about how to synthesize information and tell a powerful story. For this role, you should have a successful record explaining difficult technical concepts and constraints in a way that is clear to others with little to no technical expertise.
- You love pushing the boundaries of what is possible, to hack together the proof-of-concept for some yet unimagined solution.
As far as the design part of this role is concerned…
- You are a systems thinker, able to spot connections others might not see.
- You combine creative and analytical skills to deliver potent innovation strategies.
- You are a curious, self-taught learner, who loves investigating new topics.
- Visual thinking is in your DNA.
- You thrive in uncertain and complex situations.
- You prefer to find and frame new project opportunities, rather than have projects scoped for you.
- You demonstrate a bias for action, preferring to create and collaborate together whenever possible.
- You stay current with the latest trends in design, emerging tech, and related topics.
- You bring out the best and ignite creative ideas in those around you.
This is a very senior-level IC role within the design team that will work with and across the organization in a strategic, collaborative capacity. As such:
- You should have 10+ years’ experience helping to identify, frame, and work through strategic and/or architectural problems; experience as a consultant working with corporate clients is a plus.
- Technical chops. You need to be able show a number of technical projects representing a diverse range of technical challenges (and programming languages). To be considered, your application MUST include a link showcasing prior technical experiments and projects.
- It is expected that you have broad expertise in many areas of design: Service design, user experience, user research, information architecture, sketching, prototyping, etc. Facilitating workshops and creating UX artifacts is a part of this role.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.