MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
Our Commercial Sales team is focused on a bottom-up sales strategy, first landing Enterprise organizations quickly and then finding opportunities to expand to other business units. The Sales team will partner closely with our Customer Success team to land new teams, and ultimately engage key stakeholders to make a case for a centralized Enterprise buy.
As the Commercial Sales Manager, you will:
- Create and continuously refine sales processes and playbooks to drive repeatability across the Velocity team
- Partner with Sales & CS leadership, Product Leadership, Sales Operations and Marketing to define strategy, drive execution, and communicate the business impact.
- Define strategy for Sales onboarding, including definition of measurable ramp times by role and segment, competency milestones, and the full journey of a new hire.
- Manage day-to-day activities and productivity of the sales team to ensure all sales quotas, performance targets, and management objectives are exceeded.
- Attain and exceed company performance targets.
- Develop a path for the Velocity reps towards promotion based on their quantitative and qualitative success.
- Assemble, analyze, and report on productivity, forecasts, pipeline development, and conversion ratios to management. Utilize data to highlight trends and drive decision making to generate additional sales productivity and improve overall performance.
- Coach the team to develop excellent written and verbal communication skills, in addition to keeping them highly organized, detail-oriented, and proactive.
- Guide and advise the team through the complete sales cycle from initial prospect qualification, situation, pain, impact, decision-making process, and closing.
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce from the team for up-to-date and comprehensive notes, activity, opportunity tracking, and manage all other aspects of sales activities for accurate reporting.
- Conduct regular sales funnel and pipeline reviews to ensure your team is optimizing opportunities to maximize the revenue potential.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 5+ years of closing experience, preferably in SaaS with a proven track record of overachieving quota.
- 2-3+ years of people management experience
- Excels in execution, establishing priorities and meeting swift deadlines at a fast pace, in a rapidly changing environment.
- History in recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, and developing a motivated team to exceed department goals.
- Ability to build target lists and execute outbound prospecting strategies in order to build a robust sales pipeline in support of achieving the defined sales targets.
- Proven track record of coaching and mentoring employees to expand their sales skills and product knowledge, including the features and benefits of our product. Develop training tools and documentation in support of this goal.
Ideally you have...
- Experience in high-velocity, transactional sales motion, in addition to expertise selling into large enterprises
- Experience managing a land-and-expand motion
- Experience dealing with Legal, Security, and/or Procurement teams to win deals
- Passion for design, design thinking, lean, agile, or remote collaboration
- Experience with B2B solution selling, impact sales, challenger selling, SPIN selling, Winning By Design, and/or whiteboard selling
- Experience in an early stage company, selling complex solutions to customers
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.