MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
MURAL is looking for a media and analyst relations pro who is a master in the art of storytelling for a fast-growing SaaS company. You are an exceptional writer and speaker who will lead the strategy and execution of initiatives that help us tell customer and MURAL stories in the market. You have spent years working closely with leading tech publications, have prior relationships and a track record of success working with industry analysts, and have managed external PR agencies and contractors. We’re changing how teams around the world work through visual collaboration, and you are passionate about being a voice of MURAL on this adventure!
- Be an expert writer who develops press releases, blogs, interview responses, analyst-facing presentations and documents etc. with external partners and with minimal executive review. The craft of writing and communicating at high velocity is core to your day.
- Engage with media and analysts as a primary stakeholder by building and maintaining trusted relationships; serve as a spokesperson, as needed
- Develop annual plans and measures to achieve the objectives of MURAL and global communications; apply team, agency and budget resources to deliver excellent results, adapting to external events and environment
- Provide input into narratives to develop storylines and optimize PR results
- Collaborate with internal partners, ranging from business and operations to product development and marketing to other communications colleagues globally
- Continually innovate the way we do PR & AR, including with the use of technology; seek and embrace best practices
- Champion a diverse and inclusive culture
- Clear and effective communication, writing and presentation skills
- 10+ years of experience in external communications for enterprise software companies.
- Strong media relationships with key journalists
- You have multiple experiences leading analyst initiatives with firms such as Gartner and Forrester.
- A proven background in driving measurable AR and PR results in support of business goals, global brand and widely-recognized executives
- Strong track record partnering with cross-functional and agency teams
- Confident, experienced, and trusted communications advisor to our executives while executing C-level executive communications programs, including thought leadership platforms, content, and executive visibility.
- You are a proven strategist and innovator in an entrepreneurial and high-velocity situation.
- You believe benchmarking, measurement and research are fundamental to corporate communications and visibility into plans, projects, and successes within MURAL is essential to success.
- You are a creative thinker who continually seeks new ways of doing things
- Have experience at the Director level in a fast-growing SaaS company. This position is a senior-level position within the Marketing organization reporting to the CMO
- Actively following current socio-economic events, leadership trends, the role of technology and business, the evolution of technology and competitive environment
- Proven ability to lead through influence
- You embrace visual methods of communicating
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.