MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
About the Brand & Creative team
The Brand & Creative team at MURAL is a newly formed team consisting of visual designers, animators, illustrators, producers, and all around talented & humble people. We are a fully remote & global team, spanning San Francisco, Austin, New York, Buenos Aires, and Brisbane. We are on a mission to power up imaginations everywhere with beautiful, playful, and differentiated design & storytelling and we’re looking for like minded goal-oriented, talented individuals to join us on this mission. We play to win, and aim to incorporate “fun” in everything we do!
As a Visual Design Lead on the Brand & Creative team, you will help shape our culture of design and play an instrumental role in crafting how our brand manifests visually across many mediums. You will have the unique opportunity to hire and manage a small team of visual designers, leading & championing them to do the best work of their careers.
Our ideal candidate excels at pulling cross-functional teams closer together, leads with empathy and compassion, obsesses over the details, and encourages us to explore the farthest dimensions of our brand’s expression. This is considered to be a player-coach role: one where you’re still hands on crafting beautiful design work, while also mentoring and leading a small team.
Responsibilities will include
- Being the design liaison between many cross-functional teams within the company (product design, community, culture)
- Building scalable systems, playbooks, and processes that enable consistent high-quality experiences across multiple channels and campaigns.
- Coach, mentor, hire, and inspire our growing team of brand designers.
- Help to define & implement MURAL’s refreshed visual brand
- Leading design & creative for many initiatives including: campaigns, social media, events, animations, Learning & Community, email, and so much more
- Ensure brand consistency and also help identify where to push the brand’s boundaries
- Working closely with the other team leads and head of Brand & Creative to ensure brand consistency, team health, team culture, and work review cadences
- Find areas of improvement and propose new and better solutions
- 6+ years of visual design or art direction experience
- 2+ years people management experience
- Experience art directing for online and offline events, campaigns, photography, and video
- Experience designing for web, social, email, print, and environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An excellent portfolio with case studies that showcase your design foundations as well as your leadership on teams and projects
- Strong business acumen and ability to balance needs of the brand, the business, and its constraints.
- Creative agency background as well as relevant experience building and managing in-house creative teams
- Experience working in a goal-oriented organization with tight deadlines
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.