MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As Staff Engineer and Tech Lead, you will work with the Platform team to own and enhance our public-facing API. This functionality is essential to the user experience within MURAL and the Platform itself.
Our belief is that enabling our Product teams, Customers, Partners, and an ecosystem of developers to create new features more efficiently, safely and with new capabilities will unlock new imagination workflows to drive enterprise transformation at scale.
- Be our API guru leading our API technical effort for extending the MURAL platform
- Work with your team to implement API’s and other integrations so that our users can connect Mural with other tools.
- Help us by writing reusable code in NodeJS that is well architected and follows established programming paradigms.
- Monitoring API performance using a variety of tooling
- Develop API governance documentation and development guidelines
- Identify developer experiences, so that developers enjoy and desire to extend Mural.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- Has taken code from idea to production on their own.
- Experience with designing and building highly scalable RESTful APIs
- A degree in computer science or relevant work experience.
- Experience with NodeJS, building API’s, building SDK’s.
- A passion to put the developer first.
- Ability to work self sufficiently.
- Experience with Express
- An undying concern about dx, and a desire to build the best possible experience.
- A willingness to experiment with different solutions based on user feedback.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools like React, Express, Babel, Webpack
- Experience with JS testing and code analysis frameworks like Mocha, Istanbul, ESLint, Jasmine
- Experience with NoSQL document-based data stores like MongoDB and designing suitable data models
- Hands-on development of applications and services
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Implement automated unit and integration tests and ensure the practice is followed consistently
- Participate in system design and specifications, program logic and flow-charting, development, testing, debugging, documentation, and support
- Provide analysis of problems and recommend solutions
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.