MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Data Visualization Engineer you will:
- Own and define the data visualization strategy for the Business Intelligence and Analytics team according to the market standards
- Own and define visualization guidelines to be used as a company standard
- Hack at the current data visualization methods and be able to reproduce any of the charting methods you see
- Communicate and promote these guidelines to the rest of the team
- Improve the current methodology about communicating information visually
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders and drive decisions
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Design, Computer Science or a related field
- You have relevant experience in business intelligence role, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, visualization techniques and market visualization standards
- You understand the fundamental principles of visual display of information
- You have experience gathering business requirements, using business intelligence tools to extract data, formulate metrics, & build reports
- You have experience with query development, and visualization: SQL,Periscope or Tableau
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Design, Computer Science or a related field
- Experience building dashboards and reports using Periscope or Tableau
- Practice design best practices related to business intelligence from the visualization perspective
- Prior experience in design standardization
- Experience being the project owner or leading initiatives
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
- Nice to have: css and react
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.