MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Director of UX Research, you will:
- Plan, design, and lead research strategy and programs that support business goals and lead to innovative solutions and best-in-class end-to-end customer experiences.
- Hire, lead and develop a diverse team of experienced qualitative and quantitative UX researchers that creatively think across product boundaries.
- Work closely with product managers, product designers, and product marketers to
- plan and conduct a broad range of research methods and design techniques, including experience benchmarking, experience maps, rapid iterative studies, persona development, usability assessments, surveys, card sorting, diary studies, participatory design sessions, and ethnographic interviews.
- Validate product concepts and designs to help drive product requirements.
- Share stories of real customers and how they work through behavioral personas, customer journey maps and other storytelling artifacts to build compassion in cross-functional teams.
- Effectively communicate research findings and actionable, prioritized recommendations for product management, UX design, engineering, marketing and executive decision makers.
- Create and maintain a shared centralized repository for research insights.
- Provide product teams with tools and best practices for discovering and acting on user insights on their own.
- Ensure that resources are being efficiently and effectively used to maximize the impact to the business.
- Establish a formal program to benchmark and regularly measure the product experience.
We're looking for someone with:
- An insatiable curiosity and love of experimentation and vision setting.
- Deep empathy for the people you work with, create for, and lead.
- A pioneering attitude who can be scrappy and methodical at the same time while building teams and robust research programs from the ground up.
- Passion for great experiences that are grounded in qualitative and quantitative insights.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 10+ years experience professional experience with at least five years leading research teams.
- A proven track record of hiring diverse teams, developing talent, and leading with positivity and inspiration.
- Experience in a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- The ability to strike a balance between short-term tactical efforts and long-term strategic efforts.
- Experience in enterprise experiences.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with teams across the organization.
- Experience finding simple, innovative solutions for complex problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual/presentational skills.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.