MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
We are looking for an FP&A Manager to join our rapidly growing Finance team. The FP&A Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and partners with executive team members across the company to provide timely, fact-based, data-driven decision support to help drive critical decisions.
- Own monthly / quarterly reporting of financial results
- Provide financial analysis that is necessary to drive growth and operational efficiencies including: month end processing, planning process review and variance analysis
- Business forecasting in support of various leaders and departments across the company including headcount and impact analysis on P&L
- Cash Flow forecasting
- Engage with department leaders to review financial results and expense trends
- Assist with the ongoing improvement of Budgeting and Forecasting processes
- Develop and improve the processes within Finance to increase overall effectiveness
- Analysis and tracking of strategic initiatives and key company metrics, including development of supporting models and expected outcomes
- Communicate financial and accounting information and trends to the management team to ensure that real-time business decisions can be made based on sound financial data
- Create materials and messaging for Board level presentations
- Partner with accounting to ensure that expenses are recorded accurately
- Ad-hoc analysis as required
The top candidate must have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics; Master’s Degree preferred
- 6-8 years of experience in a finance role ideally with enterprise SaaS software model (supporting at least $100M ARR)
- Must have experience in financial analysis and forecasting experience producing accurate, board-level or external reporting; experience operating in an environment with rigorous forecast and variance reporting processes and accountability including financial modeling and reporting in GSheets
- Excellent research, analytical and problem solving abilities and strong data and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
- Must have bulk of experience in a fast-paced, high-growth company; background in tech/software/SaaS preferred
- Strong partnership experience with cross functional teams in a fast paced environment
- Must have strong understanding of US GAAP and key accounting and revenue recognition principles underlying SaaS businesses
- Proven business partnering skills and holistic view of business strategy, processes, and financial objectives
- Self-starter and quick learner; demonstrated independence and autonomy in a dynamic, high-performing work environment
- Must have superior analytical and problem-solving skills; able to synthesize and present complex information in a structured, cohesive narrative
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills; demonstrated ability to communicate and liaise effectively with all levels of an organization
Ideally you have...
- Experience in design thinking and creative disciplines, or are willing to learn about them
- Bonus Points: experience in Salesforce and NetSuite
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.