MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 300 people around the world. In 2020, MURAL raised $118M in a series B round of financing and are working hard to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Facilitation & Insights Engineering Manager, you will grow our business by managing and mentoring a team of engineers to develop new features for use in one of the most strategic and high-impact parts of the application and help us expand globally.
Our belief is simple: Generate wows by making users enjoy using our platform. Shift their mind state from work to fun.
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of up to 7 Engineers.
- Occasionally manage multiple teams as an acting manager.
- Help us manage cross functional teams that include, but are not limited to, backend engineers and frontend engineers.
- Conduct 1 on 1’s with your direct reports.
- Develop the careers of your reports.
- Understand the technical needs of the team and hire engineers to fill those roles.
- Identify key stakeholders and be a mediator between the team and stakeholders.
- Work closely with the technical lead to perform retrospectives.
- Collaborate with peopleops, and technical leads and engineers to identify high performers, and give out bonuses and promote engineers.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- At least 3 years experience in Engineering Management.
- A computer science degree in or relevant experience in the field.
- Experience leading fullstack product teams
- Experience with front end technologies and tooling is a plus
- Experience with building experiences that users love.
- Engineer background is a plus
- A passion for career development.
- Ability to act as a mediator for your team.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.