MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employees over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Tooling Engineer, you and your team will be focused on our ability to deploy and build at scale, to create best practices across our engineering organization for security, compliance, and enable our highly autonomous engineering teams to execute safely with the latest technologies. You will help us expand globally.
In this role, you will:
- Be hands-on designing, developing and delivering technical solutions for supporting the work of the rest of the company..
- Establish credibility through the quality of your own and your team's technical execution and ownership.
- Have a rare ability to collaborate with and influence diverse engineering teams to improve the reliability, scalability, and durability of their tools and processes.
- Mentor and help other employees to reach their full potential.
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions autonomously.
- Know how to manage multiple projects and balance support & development for multiple stakeholders.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 5+ years of experience as Backend, Integrations or CI/CD pipelines of a healthy and high-performing engineering team.
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical systems, in a collaborative environment.
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership over critical problem areas.
- CS, EE, or CE degree and/or a demonstrable, solid understanding of CS fundamentals.
- Solid grasp of Linux systems, Docker and CI tools like Jenkins, Github Actions, Azure DevOps or the like.
- Solid grasp of the NodeJS ecosystem, including Typescript and automated build and testing tools for them like Cucumber or Mocha.
- Experience in designing, implementing and documenting API services for consumption by other engineering teams
- Experience in designing and implementing tools that involve collaboration between multiple services working together as a whole.
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently from a remote location
Ideally you have...
- Experience with tooling or DevOps teams in startups.
- Experience with modern platforms for code build, deploy, and container operations.
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexibility with schedule
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.