We are champions of positive dissatisfaction.
Dissatisfied with the way it’s always been,
with handcuffs and limits and rules,
with insights that aren’t insightful,
and with creative that doesn’t make you feel.
We believe dissatisfaction is the mother of reinvention.
That’s why our mascot is the octopus.
It’s the only organism on the planet that routinely edits its own genetic material
to adapt, innovate, and thrive.
It outsmarts the competition by constantly changing.
It reinvents, repeats, reinvents, repeats.
And so do we.
In a world where the most innovative brands grow faster than the competition,
we are, pound for pound, the most effective agency in the world. Eleven years running.
MullenLowe: Always Be a Challenger.
Summer 2024 Internship – Strategy
MullenLowe internships are designed to provide interns with agency experience as if you were a junior full-time hire. In short, all interns across disciplines will be integrated into teams working on live briefs and client work. All interns will have the benefit of being matched with a manager and buddy to shadow and learn on the go. A weekly seminar series offering a robust overview of how an agency runs is another unique opportunity to learn and ask questions. We encourage each intern to take full advantage of events and programming that coincide with your time at the agency to get a feel for our culture and network with our teams. It is our job to provide the best environment for you to learn and yours to maximize and make the most out of this advantage. Start your career journey with us by reviewing the job description below and applying.
The Strategy Intern utilizes their understanding of the motivations, beliefs and behaviors of a brand’s target audience to create compelling propositions and strategies that inspire meaningful creative work. All great ideas start with a great brief.
- Conducts research, providing actionable insights to the Strategist that may be used in a brand campaign.
- Works under the supervision of a Strategist/Planner to assist with drafting briefs that inspire creativity.
- Collaborates with other departments to gain experience on workflow through an agency.
- Performs administrative tasks as needed by the Strategy department.
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred or in progress; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Previous experience or internship in advertising, consulting, market research or related field preferred.
- Must be available to work internship dates of 6/5/2024 - 8/15/2024.
- Interest in using data and research to uncover insights that inform new marketing strategies for clients
- Software: Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.), Google G-Suite applications and Keynote.
- Communication: strong written and verbal communication required
- Soft Skills: Strong organizational skills, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, close attention to detail, and ability to think critically.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial spirt.
- Curiosity and interest in the advertising/marketing industry.
*We are creating an office experience that is hyper-flexible and brings people together by creating moments that matter. Accordingly, this internship will be hybrid. Inkterns will be in person at their office location on Wednesday and Thursday, with Monday, Tuesday, and Friday being remote working days. You must be local to, or willing to relocate yourself to, one of our US offices - Boston, Los Angeles, or New York - for the summer. The salary range for this position is $18/hour.
The work is never perfect, so how could we ask that of our applicants? What we do seek out at MullenLowe are original thinkers with a thing for unconventional ideas that solve tomorrow’s big problems. Is that you? Check doubt at the door and apply for the roles that will excite and challenge you in new ways.
At MullenLowe U.S., we believe openness is fundamental to creativity. We’re open to different approaches, perspectives, and ways of thinking that come from working with people from diverse cultures, ethnicities, and sexual orientations, and we don’t believe we can get to the best place creatively without them. We strongly encourage women; Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) individuals; LGBTQ+ individuals; people with disabilities; people of all ages and religion; members of ethnic minorities; foreign-born residents; and veterans to apply.
We do not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Black At MullenLowe:
We signed a pledge with In For 13 to be the change we want to see in the advertising and production industry by elevating the representation, inclusion, and advancement of Black talent across our agency. We stand committed to this pledge and our goals to continually evolve into a workforce rich with diversity of thought, experiences, perspectives, and people.
You must be eligible to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com - please include your location in the subject line of your email (BOS, NY, LA, WNS)
MullenLowe is an EEO/AA M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
MullenLowe participates in E-Verify.