We are looking for an experienced content manager to join the Customer Experience team at Mozilla. You will be responsible for managing the content on support.mozilla.org, a site that’s visited by over 1 million people every single day. You’ll work closely with product teams to produce and maintain support content and documentation that spans multiple products, platforms, versions, and languages. This is an exciting time to join the CX team - our support content lead will play a crucial role in defining the roadmap and long-term vision of our knowledge base and the underlying infrastructure that supports it.
The Customer Experience team is a small team with an outsized impact at Mozilla. We’re responsible for supporting Mozilla’s family of products including Firefox, Pocket, Mozilla VPN, and more. Our team is also responsible for Mozilla’s support platform (SUMO), which hosts our knowledge base and is home to a global community of hardworking volunteers who spend their time answering user questions and writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages.
What you’ll do
- Write clear, concise support content that’s accessible and approachable for a wide range of audiences, skill levels, and languages to improve our self service capabilities
- Organize, structure, and categorize a corpus of several thousand support articles with proven information architecture strategies
- Revitalize our processes for accepting content requests, and working closely with cross-functional teams to support releases across multiple products
- Lead and manage complex content-related projects for support.mozilla.org, including CMS improvements and localization processes
- Align messaging between partners on product, legal, and PR teams
- Lead a team of content writers (including staff and volunteers) and help them be successful through training, style guides, task prioritization, and editorial feedback
- Engage with our contributor community and coordinate around content and localization needs and timelines
- Improve article discoverability by applying on-page SEO techniques
Who you are
- 5+ years of content management experience
- Extensive experience with Markdown, HTML/CSS
- Experience with tracking content performance through Google Analytics
- Proficient with modern content management systems
- Proven experience with people management
- Shown success in managing small- to large-scale projects
- Ability to work with a geographically distributed team of employees and volunteers
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.