Firefox is developing a collection of services and experiences to help users experience the web's joie de vivre with less effort than ever before.
When enabled, our first product, Firefox Suggest, provides users with real-time contextual actions, websites, and information to assist our user's in getting to what's next through a combination of privacy-preserving local and cloud ML tuned to your unique needs.
We are looking for a highly motivated, entrepreneurial product leader to help define and grow this new Firefox product, accompanying advertising business, and team.
The ideal candidate is a capable technical product leader with experience leading data-intensive API and recommender systems and leading impactful teams while contributing to a shared multi-platform Firefox product vision.
About Firefox Product Management
We are building a culture of adaptable product leaders who believe that product management is an apprentice craft and fostered through open dialogue and feedback.
We believe in the value of qualitative data to develop rich insights and continuous measurement through experimentation, data analysis, hypothesis, and tracking metrics.
We partner richly and align teams on a shared perspective about the product we are intended to ship to deliver a cohesive product experience to our customers.
- Define the roadmap and delivery of recommender system services scaling out to integrated technologies.
- Collaborate with engineering to identify capability and technology needs for scaling the service experience.
- Help identify new opportunities to define privacy-protecting innovations.
- Proactively plan recommender service and API capabilities to unlock future product scenarios.
- Educate internal partners on the role contextual services and Firefox Suggest plays in the internet ecosystem and user's internet goals.
- Contribute to a world-class product team.
- Drive business modeling activities and ad ecosystems.
- Evangelize and tell the story of Firefox Suggest and contextual services internally and with partners and agencies.
- Build and manage the advertising system capability into our recommender system roadmap.
- Stay ahead of consumer, ML, and recommender system trends to translate into advancements in Firefox.
- Contribute to healthy cross-team relationships.
- Bring your full and authentic self!
- A non-profit (Mozilla), our purpose is our mission.
- Learn from a diverse and opinionated leadership team.
- A great place to learn and develop the craft of product management.
- Receive generous training allocation and continuous learning support.
- Remote-friendly work environment.
- Choose your own computing device.
- Shape the future of the internet!
- 10 years of product management experience,users including impactful leadership roles on major projects.
- Skill and experience driving partner engagements and discussions.
- Drive independently at high velocity towards an aligned product strategy.
- Proficient with SQL and rich data analytics.
- You can reason through problems from multiple perspectives.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and capable of storytelling complex ideas in written and verbal communication.
- Direct API product management for high-throughput (thousands of requests per second) cloud services.
- Experience collaborating with Data Science in a product leadership role.
- Prior experience building or being a part of fast-growing product teams.
- Experience managing recommender services that provide both organic and sponsored results.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.