Mozilla is a mission driven organization pledging to a healthy internet. One of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the people of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience.”
Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is at the core of our values. Mozilla recognizes the profound value that a community with vast and diverse experiences and perspectives has on our ability to build the products and technology needed to fulfill our mission of a better internet for all.
Mozilla is modernizing and evolving how we recruit. Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging are central to our modernization efforts, and we are weaving them into every aspect of our process. We aim to create a richly diverse and equitable recruiting function where we intentionally seek out and replace biased hiring practices of the past with objective and inclusive practices that align with our mission, manifesto, and racial justice commitments.
As a key driver of this evolution, you will use data to inspire change and help Mozilla’s recruiting function transform from reactive to proactive in how we attract, select and hire talent. Your operational rigor and keen attention to detail will ensure our recruiting and hiring teams are leveraging existing resources (i.e. Greenhouse, LinkedIn Talent Insights, Textio, Talentwall) while staying up to date on talent trends and innovative technology that allow us to pivot and adjust to the constantly evolving global talent market.
What You’ll Do
Systems and Data:
- Ensure we are using all of our recruiting systems and resources to their full potential, measure return on investment, and use data to make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Create and maintain recruiting reports and dashboards including recruiter, source, and hiring process key success metrics through Talentwall and Greenhouse reporting
- In partnership with the DE&I team, support our racial justice and overall DE&I commitments by tracking candidate pass-through rates, identifying breakdowns in our process, and recommending areas for improvement
- Share other (non-process related) recommendations to improve the recruiting process (HM training, behavioral/cultural challenges, external market insight, etc.)
- Use data insights to drive hiring process efficiency while balancing speed to hire, candidate experience, and facilitating a structured hiring process
Identify & Attract
- In partnership with the Employer Branding team ensure a consistent and structured approach to reaching talent via social sites like Mozilla’s Career page, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Mozilla blogs and job sites visited by and in support of BIPOC, LGBQT+, and Women in Tech communities
- Work closely with People Partners, business leaders, and Recruiters to craft a strategy for building out talent communities to proactively engage with highly sought after talent for current and future opportunities
- Research and implement candidate assessment tools for technical and non-technical roles to improve consistency in how we use assessments to objectively assess talent
- Lead the re-design of a more inclusive Employee Referral Program
- Partner with the compensation team to examine our offer process in each business unit to ensure it is consistent, equitable, and transparent
- Establish a consistent and equitable offer negotiation process complete with clear guardrails and documentation
- Partner with the compensation team to ensure we have a consistent approach to leveling at hire with universal guidelines and governance
What You Bring
- Prior experience working in an Applicant Tracking System (bonus points for experience with Greenhouse)
- A data-driven and global systems thinking approach to solving complex, cross-functional hiring process change
- Knowledge of core DE&I concepts and structured hiring practices such as writing inclusive job descriptions, blind resume screening; candidate scorecards, interview questions, scoring rubrics, debrief practices, and overall candidate experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; you communicate effectively and build strong, productive relationships with candidates, hiring managers, peers, and senior leadership
- Experience successfully leading and driving end-to-end projects with attention to detail and operational rigor
- Excellent relationship building with internal and external customers (recruiters, candidates, hiring managers, HR peers)
- Experience working on or leading inclusion, belonging, and diversity initiatives in any capacity
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.