A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks. Mozilla’s Emerging Technologies group incubated and sponsors Rust — Stack Overflow’s “most loved programming language” for the last four years — and is building safe, private versions of virtual reality, internet of things, and voice recognition.
In this role your impact will be defining and building growth & revenue strategies for mobile products. Resulting in the mobile team's ability to develop and deliver an iterative, repeatable process for improving product experiences.
You will collaborate closely with the senior leadership team providing technical vision on our mobile strategy and be responsible for developing the mobile engineering team who will execute the strategy. The position will require deep technical expertise coupled with the ability to lead in a very dynamic and geographically dispersed environment. Creative problem-solving skills and a risk-taking attitude will be key to success.
What You Will Do:
- Influence product strategy and drive alignment between feature teams across the product; crafting how teams come together to build features across mobile and web platforms.
- Develop a roadmap and long term strategy for Mozilla’s Mobile Team while identifying and executing opportunities to improve the operational excellence of the team.
- Work across the organization with product, engineering, marketing, and user experience to define the mobile product roadmap and guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy.
- Plug into the mobile development community and garner excitement for our products and opportunities in the mobile space.
- Drive the delivery of new features and capabilities via innovative technology tools and practices.
- Lead the mobile team and ensure their continued professional development.
What You Bring To The Role:
- Past success defining, articulating, and executing on the strategic vision for a team with a keen focus on developing unique and distinctive experiences to drive maximum engagement from mobile users.
- An analytical approach with an understanding of market performance to track and report on leading & lagging indicators, product opportunities, revenue strategy, and return on investment.
- Significant experience developing large applications on either Android or iOS (preferably, both).
- Understanding of the analytics and experimentation ecosystem, including tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Localytics, and Splunk. Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data.
- Initiative to push projects forward and know when to involve others.
- Experience building a successful product delivery framework.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender (with or without sexual conduct), gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.