Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
A lot of companies say they’re “driven by their mission”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
We are looking for a Head of Mobile to define and build growth & revenue strategies for Firefox mobile browser products. Reporting to the Chief of Firefox Products, your impact will provide technical vision on our mobile strategy. Responsible for developing the mobile product and mobile engineering teams who will execute this strategy. This position will require deep technical expertise coupled with the ability to lead in a very dynamic and geographically dispersed environment. Creative problem-solving skills and a risk-taking demeanor will be key to develop and deliver an iterative, repeatable process for improving product experiences.
What You Will Do:
- Influence product strategy and drive alignment between feature teams across the product; crafting how teams come together to build features across mobile and web platforms.
- Develop a roadmap and long term strategy for Mozilla’s Mobile Team while identifying and executing opportunities to improve the operational excellence of the team.
- Drive growth across the funnel from acquisition to activation, retention and revenue.
- Work across the organization with product, engineering, marketing, and user experience teams to define the mobile product roadmap and guide decisions on architecture, system design, and technical strategy.
- Plug into the mobile development community and garner excitement for our products and opportunities in the mobile space.
- Drive the delivery of new features and capabilities via innovative technology tools and practices.
- Lead the mobile team and ensure their continued professional development.
What You Bring To The Role:
- Leadership in product management with a focus on mobile consumer products at scale.
- Past success defining, articulating, and executing on the strategic vision for a team with a keen focus on developing unique and distinctive mobile experiences to drive maximum engagement from users.
- An analytical approach with an understanding of market performance to track and report on leading & lagging indicators, product opportunities, revenue strategy, and return on investment.
- Significant experience developing large direct to consumer applications on either Android or iOS (preferably, both).
- Understanding the analytics and experimentation ecosystem, including tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Localytics, and Splunk. Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data.
- Initiative to push projects forward and know when to involve others.
- Experience building a successful product delivery framework.
- Experience mentoring and developing product and engineering teams
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.